Front of Stage Lights

martinkings

When you are doing a show and have 8-10 lights on the floor at the front of the stage (small lights, pointing at the cast) - what are these lights?

They have them in theatres in London, particularly for showy musical numbers with lots of backing dancers, but I don't know what they're using - if anyone can advise me I would appreciate it

Trying to do Bugsy Malone and wondering what lighting effects that would look good in Fat Sam's club for the show numbers

Currently I'm using a backdrop of the manhatten skyline and drilling holes for fairy lights in the back of the stage for windows.

I was looking for some interesting lights to try and make it all look a bit more interesting though.

If anyone has done Bugsy Malone and has any recommendations, I'd love to hear them

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

oh - and where could I hire footlights from?

Trying to do Bugsy Malone and wondering what lighting effects that would look good in Fat Sam's club for the show numbers

Currently I'm using a backdrop of the manhatten skyline and drilling holes for fairy lights in the back of the stage for windows.

I was looking for some interesting lights to try and make it all look a bit more interesting though.

If anyone has done Bugsy Malone and has any recommendations, I'd love to hear them

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

oh - and where could I hire footlights from?

My college did Bugsy just before last christmas. I was the LD for it.

First of all think about what Fat Sams Speakeasy is. It is an 'underground' place, it will have a smokey feeling to it, but remember the place is also livley and cheerful.

So, what lighting you could have. Including some colours and adding a chace would work quite well. Use some Par Cans for this, try to get the light from above and perhaps have some sort of siluete at the back of the stage.

And as for foot lights I agree with everyone else. Par 16's or some zipstrips

Hope this helps.

Heinz :)

I am doing bugsy malone in march. I intend to use birdies as footlights and make card or ply scallops to hide them from the audience. Its only a school play and we have very talented artists and prop makers on the staff. hope this helps. :huh:

I am doing bugsy malone in march. I intend to use birdies as footlights and make card or ply scallops to hide them from the audience. Its only a school play and we have very talented artists and prop makers on the staff. hope this helps. :huh:

Er, plywood, yes.

Card....? Definitely NOT!! You ever touched a birdie when it's been on for a while...?

When you are doing a show and have 8-10 lights on the floor at the front of the stage (small lights, pointing at the cast) - what are these lights?

Hi,

Its type depended on the show and should be blend with other things on the stage (small flood lights, PAR cans or moving lights). My favorite one – is a Stage Color 300 by Clay Paky in silver body. They can make show without lamps ignition, only by moving itself :huh: . It is to be regretted that Clay Paky stopped production of them.

Its type depended on the show and should be blend with other things on the stage (small flood lights, PAR cans or moving lights). My favorite one – is a Stage Color 300 by Clay Paky in silver body. They can make show without lamps ignition, only by moving itself :huh: . It is to be regretted that Clay Paky stopped production of them.

Hmm... ©

Moving lights in Bugsy Malone?

Probably not a good choice, especially as footlights...!

Stage Color 300 .... It is to be regretted that Clay Paky stopped production of them.

No it flippin' isn't! And I speak as someone who sometimes used to have to carry them up a Zarges ... possibly the worst lumen-to-kilogram ratio of any moving light ever! :)

Archived