1kw fresnel recomedations

themadhippy

The main problem was locking off once focused. Being nose heavy they tended to tilt downwards.

You can adjust the position of the yoke mountings to make them more balanced. This requires you to slide the yoke forward, which does then stop it from being rotated all the way round to the back of the lantern.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the fun continues,rang the company this morning (wont mention Any names in Case they get embarresed) to get confirmation of the price quoted,"yep thats right £130 for a 1kw strand coda fresnel"

and then they assured me that the coda was a fresnel,

to give them credit they did ring back 1/2 an hour later when they realised there mistake with a new price ,but by that time id ordered some selecons (already have some pacifics) for olny a few quid more.

o and leave minuettes alone there great for burning gels, and the freely rotating barn doors are able to slice skin much easier than a stanley knfe

Or do we have any Quartet lovers out there?  ;)

I love those little lanterns - small and light, u could fit them into pretty much any space, nice insulated handle for focusing. Only problem is they only do 10 to 40º - the price of being soooooo tiny!

Hehe

Stu

(Hate the profiles mind - ok for Gobo washes, but not much else!)

Just don't try and clean the lenses on a quartet profile, as the entire lens tube is held together with 4 very long screws that run the length of the tube. When you take them out the whole thing colapses and you need at least 4 hands to put all the pieces back together!

Just don't try and clean the lenses on a quartet profile, as the entire lens tube is held together with 4 very long screws that run the length of the tube. When you take them out the whole thing colapses and you need at least 4 hands to put all the pieces back together!

Thank god the only time I've ever used them they were brand new, so I never cleaned their lenses before shoving them on rig!

Stu

Archived