MAC 250 ENTOUR OR MAC 550

tonyjcant

We are looking at investing in moving lights and have made a decision to take the MAC route, But we are wondering if we should go for the 250 Entour or the 550s. We do smaller end type conferences and small roadshows. sometime with Gobo's and every now and then a larger type show at places like the NEC ICC etc etc.

Any thoughts?

The MAC 550 has been discontinued (you be able to get some somewhere) We have the MAC 575 Krypton now, which is not a direct replacement for the MAC 550, more a cut down version of the MAC 700. The 575 Krypton has a better optical system than the MAC 250 Entour and of course its considerably brighter (its also brighter than the MAC 550). I would suggest contacting your local Martin Dealer and asking to see both fixtures, then you can draw your own conclusions

The MAC 550 has been discontinued (you be able to get some somewhere) We have the MAC 575 Krypton now, which is not a direct replacement for the MAC 550, more a cut down version of the MAC 700. The 575 Krypton has a better optical system than the MAC 250 Entour and of course its considerably brighter (its also brighter than the MAC 550). I would suggest contacting your local Martin Dealer and asking to see both fixtures, then you can draw your own conclusions

Thank you Matt I will search the net to find my local dealer..

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

any suggestions. Can't seem to find any dealers on your website. We are in the West Midlands..

Try CSR Lighting - I think they deal for Martin.

Call Gary - 07973 720625

Seconded, Certianly he's always first to have the new Martin toys round these parts - he's had 700's for quite a while now. Never brought fixtures off of him, but certainly his hire rates are very reasonable.

The MAC 550 has been discontinued

Has it? I knew that it was supposed to be a replacement of the MAC 500 but failed which is why they brought out the MAC 575 (they're starting to run out of numbers!).

The website doesn't say that it has been discontinued; are you sure that it has?

I didn't know it had been discontinued, it was a good moving light.... ah well, if you want to buy one, I'm sure AC lighting still have some up for sale, or well they did have a couple of days ago.

Edit for spelling and slight change of subject

The MAC 550 has been discontinued [snip]

Matt Cowles

Product Manager - Moving Heads, Controllers & LED

Martin Professional PLC

I think it's safe to say he's fairly well placed to be sure of this.

To answer the OP:

250s

Small

Easy lift - especially up a ladder

Small boxes fit in van

Will also fit on passenger seat of car if you leave one at the store

Loads run off a 13A socket, (yes, I do know how many..), thus great for those really crappy hotel conference rooms

Will fit easily on top of most speaker cabs - given that our friendly audio colleagues appear to have no equipment smaller than a large family fridge these days.

KC

Has it? I knew that it was supposed to be a replacement of the MAC 500 but failed which is why they brought out the MAC 575 (they're starting to run out of numbers!).

The website doesn't say that it has been discontinued; are you sure that it has?

The fixture has only just been discontinued and the MAC 575 is not a direct replacement, as it does not have animation like the MAC 550 did. The reason the fixture is still on the website is that there will still be some available, we are no longer making the fixture but some of our larger dealers will have some in stock.

any suggestions. Can't seem to find any dealers on your website. We are in the West Midlands..

Sorry about that the dealer page on our website is being updated so it is offline at the moment, it will be back up soon.

Archived