power amp up side down

palbin

I would also advise against upside down use, apart from the thermal issues noted above, undue mechanical strain could be placed on PCBs by the larger components, if the equipment is used inverted.

Go on, I'm curious. Why would inverting a 2500 make any difference, the outputs on mine are verticaly alligned and centeral so inverting them would make no difference. Other than moving the inputs to the right, for this reason?

baz

Moderation: Quality Control: You clearly haven't read posts 2 and 3 in this topic which give two reasons not to invert a power amp: thermal issues and possible mechanical stress.

Moderation: Quality Control: You clearly haven't read posts 2 and 3 in this topic which give two reasons not to invert a power amp: thermal issues and possible mechanical stress.

I think BM was asking why the OP would want to invert the amp as he didn't see much gain in the idea....

Hello!

I am planning two more or less permanent rack piles - pretty high - there all amps have electrical power supply in on

the left - speaker cables out on the middle and signal in on the right (loocking from the backside) - the Behringers

though have this mirrored - power in on the right and signal in on the left - also all other things I have have power

supply in on the left - so I am planning to do a very tidy drawing of cables with cables of exactly right length - power

cables routed on the left side - speaker cables (in case of amps in the middle) and signal cables on the right - but the

Behringer amps makes irritanting resistance to these plans! That's it! Could I turn them upside down (placing rubber

shoes on the top of them instead of bottom) this would resolve itself though!

Best, Palbin

As a 2500 is laid out almost cemetrically, upside down is almost the same as right way up.

Not entirely true, if you look at this picture you can see that whilst the outlets are fairly central, the signal input is on the left and the mains on the right hand side. If everything else in your rack is the opposite way round then I can see for reasons of neatness it would be nice to have the EP2500 upside down, but I concur with other comments that it's probably not a good idea for a number of reasons. Aside from that, whilst it would mean it was a neat rack from the back would just look clearly weird from the front.

That might not be the OPs reason for wanting to run it upside down, but it's the only one I could come up with!

EDIT Beaten to it again!

PCBs usually reside at the bottom of a unit

As in the Behringer.

I agree with all the posts that say it should be the right way up, this is no doubt the way the design would have been life-tested in the factory at design stage.

especially if your as sad about neatness as I am ;)

Not sad in the slightest. A tidy rack is ALWAYS a better rack, for so many reasons.

Problem solving is so much easier when theres not "balls" of cable lying in the bottom of the rack.

It looks much neaster.

It eliminates any interfierence problems with power and signal cables together.

Its much easier to dissconect and add gear to your rack

Optimum performance of cooling of your gear.

Rich

With a few bail bars and a roll of lacing cord any rack can be made to look tidy inside. It should also look tidy from the outside and mounting an amp upsidedown will detract from that quite severely.

Archived