New PA System

fatfrog

Hi there Im not sure what part of the country you re in but in the North West a company called

ADLIB Audio - in Liverpool are making waves with their AA speaker Range.

Many Venue in the northwest have installations of Adlibs kit and I Have also seen a lot of touring bands on

the circuit using their kit.

I Heard a band the other month using this combination

:2 x AAFD2P

2 x AA218

Crown 2400

Crown 3600VZ

DBX DriverackPA

WOW!!! The sound was amazing , Clear highs , Gut thumping Lows .

Well worth a demo.

Ablibs Website

Have a look on the Link above . Very friendly and helpful bunch of guys too

Competitive Prices , Excellent build quality

Matt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks really really nice - but I need a top name brand as its gonna hopefully appeal to people requiring top brand gear

as regards location - I'm based in limerick in the south of ireland - so unfortunately I can't take any of the posters up on their offers.

Alan

RCF demo is happening this sunday - so I'll let ye all know who it goes - it's being setup in the university of limerick concert hall which is pretty dam big so it'll be interesting to see how it performs with and without the acoustic line centre fill.

The supplier is confident it'll surprise all our expectations of a system with 8inch tops and 12inch subs.

Alan

I have absolutly nothing but praise for the RCF TT system, if I had your sort of money to spend I wouldnt be thinking twice about a TT system. I have to admit I have not herd the HK lucus or elias systems however have herd the actor and Projector systems and the tt's run rings around them, the sound quality and volume you get from such a small cab is just unreal. We have 6 12" tops and 4 18" bins in the warehouse at SLX tyneside and they are simply amazing. We set up 2 tops and 2 bins in the warehouse with the door open and got 60 staff from the bakery on the other side of the road comeing out to see what was going on, and thats from a system you can fit into a small van/ trailer! Amazing is the only way to describe this system. Im sure the demo will blow you away, northing else I have listend to compares to the sound quality and volume you can get from such a small cab!

Incase you didn't get the drift, I like the TT systems!

Rich

Had the Demo Today, What can I say - the system is absolutely phenomenal - amazing sound from something so small,

Sound is consistent throughout the full range - deep bass & soft highs - no brash sounds etc.

I am having another listen to it on tuesday night - Its being used along with a yamaha ls-9 to run a stage school production in the concert hall.

I am really really impressed by this system, I am just trying to count the pennies now!!!

Alan

Had the Demo Today, What can I say - the system is absolutely phenomenal - amazing sound from something so small,

Sound is consistent throughout the full range - deep bass & soft highs - no brash sounds etc.

Am feeling really tempted by this system. Was it the most compact version you heard, or the 12" tops + 18" subs?

Wondering if the 8" tops 7 12" subs would cut the mustard for our band. 10 piece function band doing weddings & stuff, so not after gut wrenching volume, but want to put entire band through the PA. Guess I need to arrange a demo myself...

It seems very strange to me that such a system would suit such a large band. the problem with such large outfits is the need to get over the acoustic volume on stage. All speakers sound very different when pushed to their limits and my concern would be that, particularly in the larger venues you do, you may be pushing this system harder and losing the nice linear sound it has.

That said, the figures look impressive for the system, so maybe this wont be a problem.

The thing I would suggest is try it out on a couple of gigs. It's not always easy but if you had a couple of gigs one week where one was a large room and the other a smaller one, that would be ideal. As I've said before, better to spend a little on hiring a system to save you wasting ALOT on buying it.

Well, My test run consisted of some music from the ipod & cd's & live use with a mipro wireless system which was been used by actors and band which was di'd through it and it coped very well - visiting engineer who was op'ing it was very impressed - he's german and they are generally very hard to impress with electronics I mite add. he remarked that he was only using 20% of the power available to him.

As regards the band I'd say it'd do perfect - maybe 2 subs a side though if your running kick through it etc.

Alan

Yes, I know I need a demo, really - need to find someone near me (Herts).

Quite take your point Rob, but from hire rates I've been quoted in the past, 10 gigs with this system would break even. Plus removing the liaison with hire company. And there are quite a few potential outings where just the tops would be great, and so it would be really valuable to us to have these on hand for instant use.

Quite take the point that we need some reasonable SPL, but we never aim to be a deafening band. The real temptation of this system is the size. Sounds too good to be true, so may be, but I'm salivating over the prospect of having a system where I could take just 2 8" cabs out for a vocal only outing, or add just a couple of tiny (and one-man lift) subs for bigger use.

I know the 12" top & 18" bottom combination should have way more grunt, but then it's more expensive and back in the less car-bootable category.

I work for a rental/sales company in Bedford on a freelance basis from time to time and they have the RCF TT+ in their hire stock, so you could speak to them see if they could help

JAP Sound Hire contact

tel 01234 823677

hope this helps

JK

Think someone mentioned the Fohhn systems earlier on. The company I work for use them and they are pretty much the best active systems I've heard. The onboard DSP is really useful and contrary to what yer man said earlier, it's a piece of piss to use and very modular. ie - 2x 10" XT-33 Tops + 1x active 15" XS-30 Sub will give you 1.5kw. Add another powered sub and you'll have a 3k rig. Couldn't be simpler!

If you get a chance to give them a bash I'd advise taking it.

Not to put a dampener on things but the KV2 gear...sounds fine with CD's etc, but in a full band situation, they have no high mid clarity and no low mid punch. Pretty poor.

Hi LizardKing, please narrow it down to a particular KV2 rig or state that you were referring to the one previously mentioned unless you mean across the complete product range.

I agree that the Fohhn systems are great sounding, the newer stuff with the more flexible DSP built in is great, means you can take as much or as little as you need on a particular gig, and it's fairly hire friendly because of this. not enough people stock it, which is a shame.

However, we need to remember that with powered boxes, the only thing that we possibly need to know the amplifier power for is to compare it to it's current draw for mains purposes. And even then. it's unlikely to even matter. If this is a 3k system with 2 subs and 2 tops, that's good, however if it were a 1k system, that's better still.

Archived