Rewireable VGA Connectors

Bryson

Hello all.

I'm trying to run a 20m VGA cable through a wall, but to get an actual VGA connector through would require a ludicrously large hole. "No problem," I thought, "I'll just cut the end off and get a rewireable VGA connector." But can I find one? Can I hell. There seem to be plenty of panel-mount options, but no cable plug. I find that amazing. Am I looking in the wrong places?

Kramer do them too along with VGA cables designed to be installed, i.e. one end missing. It is a 15Pin High Density D Sub, which might make searching in catalogues a bit easier.

They are a b*****d of a job to wire. I hate it, so where possible I terminate them to a wall plate which allows the legs to be taken to a Pheonix connector rather than having to be soldered to the pins.

HTH

Pete

but to get an actual VGA connector through would require a ludicrously large hole.

Personally, I'd make the big hole - I'd rather patch that (or put a plate over it) than resolder the connector :P

Definitely...we had a VGA connector on a flat-screen monitor die a couple of weeks ago; I had a go at soldering up the new one, my boss had a go when I gave up in despair, and eventually we sent it down to our local sound hire company who have a staff member who can solder and fix anything - and he said it was an awful job! He did fix it for us though...

Archived