Fog Colors+Scent

Andy!

So the scent can clog the machine up with rubbish?

It's very wise to use NOT ONLY the recommended manufacturer's fluid, but ALSO the correct TYPE for the machine.

Case in point - an unknown numpty at our theatre at some stage refilled our haze machine with smoke fluid - both were JEM fluids, and the hazer, a JEM 24/7, would quite happily run with that fluid IF it were told that it had fog juice in it. However, we didn't know this, as whoever filled it did so away from other eyes. He/she also possibly filled the ZR12 fog machine at the same time as that developed problems too.

The hazer ended up spitting hot fluid out of the nozzle, which was a problem, as it is often hung rather than floor mounted, and also resulted in a film of fluid on the deck. The fogger kept giving us what seemed like a pump blockage.

After cleaning them both out with DI water with no result, I sent both machines off to Martin/Jem, as their service dept generously agreed to take a freebie look at the both of them (and there was a free upgrade on the hazer as well) but both came back as fine.

I then spent an evening re-investigating and only realised the cause when I compared what was in the hazer feed bottle (which didn't go back to Jem) with what was in the bottle of stored fluid. It smelt the same, but the texture between my fingers was slightly different - tried the fresh fluid in the machine and hey presto! Haze galore & no spitts!

Reloaded the fogger as well, and (touch wood) have had no further problems with either.

TD

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the scent can clog the machine up with rubbish?

I sent both machines off to Martin/Jem, as their service dept generously agreed to take a freebie look at the both of them (and there was a free upgrade on the hazer as well) but both came back as fine.

can I just ask how you managed to get a freebie of them seeing to your machines? It's just that I've got a control problem with my Magnum 2000 and wouldn't mind someone having a good seeing to it (for free :band:)

Archived