Fog Colors+Scent

Andy!

yea, using pyro's is the only way you will get coloured smoke, and this is not advisable if you are in a confined space. it also stains, I had yellow nostrols the last time I used it! :rolleyes: {image snipped}

Warning, This is what also happens

It was the last night of a two-week show and we had a couple of 20 sec red smoke cartridges left over from another show. As it was the last night we decided that as the big finally came to a close and the curtains closed we would set them off, one on each side of the stage.

The time came and on the last beat of the song, we produced smoke. That was fine, curtain closed. Opened again for cast to thank the band, and they were all red. Not with fury but with smoke dye, all the costumes were ruined! There hair was a mess and the little kids were crying. I didn’t feel good at all.

Just like to add that this was one of my first shows, and it was in a small hall!

Quote from Mini-Mac in Biggest Technical Disaster Forum

Sam

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can deffinetly get sented smoke for all Rosco machines

'Scented' fog fluid is the work of the devil. It honks in a big way. :down:

Fair enough,

I can't imagine it would ever be used in a Theatre/ Concert situation probably just designed for discos, but then Rosco machnies are hardly disco units are they :angry: ;)

Sam

• 1 year later...

To bring this topic back up, as the original post doesn't seem to have been answered terribly well -

Maplin sell scent for fog machine. Is it any use? And what can I put it in? I have a few jem magnum pro 2000s, a technohaze, and another jem smoke system that takes the same fluid as the magnums but has two remote heads supplied by lines running from a separate pump. Will the stuff work? Will it damage the heads?

and why? Well, it's only a fiver, and I figure the studenty punters might appreciate a nice strawberry smell.

Well, it's only a fiver..,

Plus a litre plus of fog fluid down the sink and purging the darn machines to get rid of burnt fruit odour, which hangs around even after you`ve changed the fluid back to normal.

Stick some incense sticks round the DJ booth instead ;-)

Ok

Smoke scent is primeraly for discos, however, I find a stage full of little kids dont like that "nasty smell". So I went down to maplin a few years ago and bought a "party pack" which consisted of 5L of fluid, there were 5 different scents in 5 different 1L bottles. I dont think they sell it anymore B-) because it all smelt like Sh ;) te. To be honest I think the origional smell of the smoke is the best, it makes me think of all the happy times, doing technical for panto's. you guys know that special smell ;) ;)

There are no colours available for smoke machines, as it can clog them up( :o be careful, only use scents that are labled for the machine, as some machines dont take some scents, and they really do make a mess of the tubing inside of the machine, it took me 4 hours with de-ironized water to get every last bit out, altough I think that was an extreme, it is not often you get a clog like that) the only colours you can get for smoke is in a pyro, the le matrie colourd smoke seams fine, however the colour can look a bit dark. (iv never seen a darker "light green" colour :P )

Hope this helps

Rich

So the scent can clog the machine up with rubbish? Doesn't sound too good to me. Getting the smell out wouldn't be too much of a hassle, the machines/venues are only really used for student discos anyway, so they could happily smell away for the rest of time as far as I'm concerned.

could you put in a few drops of lavender oil to the fluid. Or would that do the same? :)

Nooooo! I know a lampie who put some essential rose oil in a smoke machine and it came out stinking of damp, sweaty socks that have been left to dry on a radiator!

......didn't do the smoke machine any favours either :** laughs out loud **:

Archived