Stand or Sit?

...in the case of AJ on karabiner, to prevent it from swining wildly and doing the "crown jewls" damage .. the common "tech with hands on waist run"

Glad I'm not the only person who has made the same mistake with an AJ attached to the belt!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wondered if anyone else noticed.

This very topic, gets a rather humerous mention in this months (June 07) Lighting & Sound International mag.

Take a look at page 90, it's quite funny :)

Would you care to elaborate / Scan the article so those of us without it can see.

Just wondered if anyone else noticed.

This very topic, gets a rather humerous mention in this months (June 07) Lighting & Sound International mag.

Take a look at page 90, it's quite funny :)

Would you care to elaborate / Scan the article so those of us without it can see.

Hi Dunk_1984.

Under normal circumstances, I would say no, due to copyright issues, but as this article is about the Blue-Room itself, then I don't see a problem - as we should all be aware of what is said about us in the press :D

LS&I mag June 2007

...........However, when it comes to intolerable limits of pointless hot air ( to which in my mind should incur obligatory carbon offsetting at a ratio of 10:1, for wanton waste, and damaging environmental impact on those who work in the entertainment technology industry) then the thread on one particularly British Forum, takes the proverbial biscuit.

A group, predominantly grown men discuss whether it is better to stand or sit whilst programming and operating shows, be it sound or lighting. OK, I admit, I did get a little racy, when they began to discuss the type of chair they preferred, how they liked to arrange themselves and what they enjoy doing once sitting comfortably.

But, Oh my God, please tell me I'm not the only one who sees this dialogue as a worrying symptom of a creeping sickness - a sort of mad technician disease. One wonders, have we automated technical systems too much? Is there nothing useful or thought provoking, left in our creative temples for these poor people to discuss? God help any Alien who lands here and checks out the Internet - I would hate for that random thread to be in the deciding factor on weather humanity is worthy of salvation or weather it deserves total annihilation.

Makes quite a lot of sense if you think about it :D

Although I do prefer to sit, wherever possible :)

But, Oh my God, please tell me I'm not the only one who sees this dialogue as a worrying symptom of a creeping sickness - a sort of mad technician disease. One wonders, have we automated technical systems too much? Is there nothing useful or thought provoking, left in our creative temples for these poor people to discuss? God help any Alien who lands here and checks out the Internet - I would hate for that random thread to be in the deciding factor on weather humanity is worthy of salvation or weather it deserves total annihilation.

Heaven help us, if these little green men ever see the Doctor Who Thread then...

Jim

[Heaven help us, if these little green men ever see the Doctor Who Thread then...

Jim

Sorry Jim, but I'm a Dr Who fan, and I really believe that the TARDIS is bigger on the inside.......... I'm just gutted that I've got a gig on the same day as the season Finale......... Those little green aliens are all around us, we just don't see them! Anhialate us, and put us all out of our misery :stagecrew:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived