The Blue Room Birthday Bash

Bryson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(I'm aware that it's intensely sad - but I do quite like Jexjexjex's idea of wearing a bit of 181 in your pocket as ID - otherwise how will we know who each other are?)

On a point of order, Mr Social Secretary, for those who may share a flat/office (and therefore, quite possibly, a swatch-book) with fellow technically-minded folk, may I suggest that "I am 1" badges should be considered an acceptable means of making yourself known, if somebody's swiped your 181, and your conscience won't allow you to settle for L071 instead!

Unfortunatly due to college placing a fitup on the saturday, I will no longer be able to attend the meet. :D

However, I hope you all have much drunkenness and I expect to see many incriminating photographs. I would really like to have been there... if the fitup finishes by 3pm I'll get a train into london, but I doubt it will.

...although a prize for the most ludicrously overlarge piece of 181 might be in order?

How about a roll of 156, as a prize?http://www.dianasdesserts.com/assets/managed/recipes/Chocolate_Cake_Roll_2.jpg

See what I did there? ;) :D

yes... very good.....

START THE CAR!!

Sorry folks, can't make it on the day as I'm fitting my new kitchen, so will think of you all and carry a small swatch book in my pocket to feel a part of it.

Here's to many more!

Best Wishes

Peter Tyler

Well troops, it is with regret that I will not be able to attend this esteemed award ceremony (Yeah, right...) as I live in the frozen wastes of the north & it's a long way to travel, just to get trolleyed.

Nevertheless, I trust I can rely on you all to carry your sheets of 181 with pride and not to let the side down when it comes to holding your drink (Use both hands if necessary!).

I look forward to receiving a field report in due course (Assuming anyone's sober enough to remember! :D ).

Have fun, but don't enjoy yourselves too much - It's not good for you!

3. Maybe he was Captain Hook even before his reptillian contretemps - If you need proof that fate likes a laugh now and then, try this: My wife's osteopath, a Mr. Bumstead, has a practice in Plumstead!!!

I feel a limerick coming on, but a few pints of the Blackcurrant stout should cure that :D

As you’ll all have noticed, we’ve moved the Blue Room onto its own dedicated server (we couldn’t be clogging up richard’s bandwidth any more, and we needed the capacity) one rather unfortunate side effect of this is that we have to pay for it…(damn those internet service providers) To this end, we wondered if anyone had any objection to us passing a hat round at the Birthday Bash. Rest assured that any donations are utterly voluntary and we won’t be keeping track of who has or hasn’t dropped anything in. we don’t even need much, to be honest - if every member gave 20p that would be more than enough!

If anyone is unable to attend the meet, but would like to make a donation, please feel free to contact richard or myself.

Whilst we're on the subject, the Blue Room will be getting a new software release soon. Thanks to a very generous donation from an anonymous member, we'll be able to update the forum software, as soon as a release candidate becomes public.

Archived