The Blue Room Birthday Bash

Bryson

Ladies and Gentlemen:

You may or may not be aware that on the 31st Of January, the Blue Room is officially One Year old. To celebrate this august occasion we'd like to invite you all to:

The Blue Room Birthday Bash

Date: 31st January

Venue: The Ship And Shovell, Charing Cross, London

Time: 5pm

In addition to random, ill-advised quantities of drink, the event will feature the BlueToe awards ceremony (in which we'll be awarding "the repect of your peers" in lieu of real prizes, by the look of it...) and we may even have a cake with a candle in it. Singing to be determined (it depends how drunk I am..)

So folks: free up your diaries: persuade your less web-savvy colleagues to run the show without you and we'll see you there. Pint of Tanglefoot please. Ta.

(I'm aware that it's intensely sad - but I do quite like Jexjexjex's idea of wearing a bit of 181 in your pocket as ID - otherwise how will we know who each other are?)

Ship and Shovell location map

Bryson

Blue Room Social Secretary

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lightnix

That's a great idea, lets hope there's a good turnout, especially from all Blue Roomers in the West End who are on their matinee breaks.

I (maybe even we) should be there. You can all get cross about my suntan :blink:

If you are coming into town for this (or indeed at any time before March), can I recommend leaving early and paying a visit to that great big "sun thing" at the Tate Modern on the South Bank ? I went over Christmas and will definitely be paying another visit. Allow half an hour at the very least, it will pass like five minutes.

That's a great idea, lets hope there's a good turnout, especially from all Blue Roomers in the West End who are on their matinee breaks.

I (maybe even we) should be there.  You can all get cross about my suntan :blink:

If you are coming into town for this (or indeed at any time before March), can I recommend leaving early and paying a visit to that great big "sun thing" at the Tate Modern on the South Bank ?

Cheers Lightnix that'll now give me something to do to pass a bit of time - and it's on my way from Waterloo too :huh:

Stu

A couple of points:

1) yes I should be available

2)Can I claim back the cost of the 181 against tax?

3) What was Captain Hook's name before his arm was cut off and he had it replaced with the mentioned device?

Panto withdraw happening.....

A couple more points:

1. I too should be in attendance

2. Lee are going to wonder what the hell's going onwhen they receive over 500 individual orders for a single sheet of 181 this month, and stocks in UV-gun companies will plummet. Alternatively, you won't be able to pick up a swatch book anywhere in the land that still has a L181 sample in it, come February.

3. Maybe he was Captain Hook even before his reptillian contretemps - If you need proof that fate likes a laugh now and then, try this: My wife's osteopath, a Mr. Bumstead, has a practice in Plumstead!!!

Thirdtap: 2: No you can't

3: Captain Hand, obviously.... :D

James C: I hope people will use swatch book bits...although a prize for the most ludicrously overlarge piece of 181 might be in order?

Stu: Are you getting all contemporary on us?

Richard: If it wasn't for me tracking you down in Edinburgh, I'd need convincing that you actually exist...

The blue room 1st birthday. The bash is in London what about all of us technicians up norh or us in Scotland it would mean 2 days off work to get there and back and 2 to recover !! :D Any chance or ideas of a bash in the borders or any other ideas ?

Baz

Archived