LED lighting

vinny baby

Seeing as everyone is talking about, LED's and the different options, Have a look at the Chroma Q Color Block, You can find details at www.aclighting.com

Please feel free to ask any questions if you have any, if you want pricing info please email me off forum.

Regards

Andy.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really could not decide if to start a new topic but I searched through the LED topics and chose this lil one.

Now after wondering the net I found this site, www.lights4fun.co.uk/leds/1667.html and several things struck me. One the overly cheep price for 10 white LED's and that they ran off 3 AA batteries, that's only 4.5v. I know that China are doing cheep LED's but this price seem stupid.

What do people think?

I've seen a set of 8-10 chroma pars used to good effect in a small venue, uplighting from all sides. I think they're great as a colour source, though not really suitable for illumination or full washes.

Like you say, they're quite pricey though, but fun . - Most of the tech crew wanted to take them home! ;)

:)

I bought a couple of cheapo-pin spot sized LED pars on Ebay a few weeks ago and these have since disappeared from inventory!!! :guitar:

They probably weren't going to be much use on stage as illumination, but as back-lights for set pieces I had a couple of ideas I wanted to play with them on, so am pretty p***ed that they've been nicked!!

:((

I bought a couple of cheapo-pin spot sized LED pars on Ebay a few weeks ago and these have since disappeared from inventory!!!

:guitar:(

So you haven't used them at all? That's a pity, I was tempted to get a couple just for a laugh, they're dirt cheap after all! :)

Anyone else used them?

...One the overly cheep price for 10 white LED's and that they ran off 3 AA batteries, that's only 4.5v. I know that China are doing cheep LED's but this price seem stupid.

What do people think?

LED manufacturers make LEDs by the million. As they come rolling off the end of the production line they are tested against a number of different parameters and sorted into different grades. The higher the grade the higher the price, it's that simple. A batch of good LEDs will have, for instance, a uniform light output for a given current, along with matching voltage drops; cheap LEDs won't. Cheap LED torches use cheap LEDs, often slapped straight across the battery and as the battery volatge goes down so you lose LEDs.

You pays your money and you takes your pick.

Archived