Solid Gold Socapex

slim_mcslim

Now it could be that I am a secret yorkshireman and my wallets is tighter than the proverbial...

But when the new CPC catalogue landed on my doorstep I was pleased to see that they now stock pre-made socapex cables, in fact it would appear that they are made from solid gold and delivered to your door by the managing director of UPS (worldwide).

Now is it just me being tight but are these priced a wee bit high ?

(for what is £100 of cable £40 of connectors and 1 hour of time)

Paul....

1 - 2 £565.00

(£663.88)

:) 19 core - 2.5mm TITANEX cables not that pricey is it? I heard a while ago that CPC were going to start stocking soca :P was hoping it'd be a nice price like other stuff they stock..

Had a bad experience with some proel cabs a while ago, weighed tonnes, naff drivers that sounded crap compared to *dare I say it* behringer cabs & all in all pretty naff.

Ohwel..

Tom

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback - we do have a cheaper option on the Socapex cables. Please note, the price of copper has risen dramatically over the past 18 months and as a result has pushed the price of pre-made cables up at the same time.

HTH

Chris Beesley

Didn't think the price of copper would affect prices as much as it has. Also, the CPC website indicates that all the pre-made soca you sell uses 2.5mm core cable, will a 1.5mm core selection be availiable for sale soon?

Tom

Didn't think the price of copper would affect prices as much as it has.

Tom

If you weigh your Socapex cable (or any multicore for that matter), the majority of the weight is the copper you're buying

Bob

In recent months the copper prices have risen from around $5000 per tonne in february to over $8500 per tonne in june. They have now settled (for a short while) around $7500 per tonne. As bobbsy mentioned .. most of the weight in power cables comes from the copper.

Didn't think the price of copper would affect prices as much as it has.

When I first heard that story - some cables we were getting from (I think) VDC were priced way above the published catalogue price - I thought it was just a manufacturer or salesman trying to squeeze some more money out of us. But I've now heard it from several sources, so either it's true, or all the manufacturers are ripping us off in the same way... :(

all the pre-made soca you sell uses 2.5mm core cable, will a 1.5mm core selection be availiable for sale soon?

Tom

I do hope not!1.5mm soca is devils work,4mm soca would be better!

Nice to see you volunteering to do all hard physical labour regarding the soca looms then...

There have been warning about the copper situation in my local electrical wholesalers for months now. And there has been an increase in prices.

As a sidenote what is wrong with 1.5mm soca? How much current do you want to pull down it?

Archived