Solid Gold Socapex

slim_mcslim

Who's seen (or more importantly felt) 30-50m runs of 1.5mm soca with 2 1k pars on the end?

Gets a tad warmer than Id like,might be ok if your doing a gig in the artic.

4mm soca like Rob said for loudspeaker runs, or heavy lighting loads over long distances.

Pete

Who's seen (or more importantly felt) 30-50m runs of 1.5mm soca with 2 1k pars on the end?

Gets a tad warmer than Id like,

Pete

quite right, if you do the calculations that we all should suposedly be doing before signing off the temporary installation you will discover that a 30m 1.5mm socapex with even loading per channel is only rated for 7amps per channel

on a related note, well its socapex and in the cpc catalogue, this;

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/pa...jsp?SKU=DP28889

seems like an accident waiting to happen - only 10 core cable, I assume 6 live , 3 neutral and 1 earth? but who knows???????

Hi IanL - I will check up on the specifications of this product tomorrow. The information was taken directly from the information offered by our suppliers. Looking at the part code for the cable (HPC1925FG) this suggests this may well be a typo carried over from the four channel spiders.

Regards

Chris Beesley

Product Manager

CPC

The products are manufactured from 19-core cable. Our website will be updated with the correct specifications.

Regards

Chris Beesley

Product Manager

CPC

Chris

am I being thick and missing something? that premade soca you posted a link to is, I quote, "rated at 240v"

is that not a little ambiguous, i.e. what about the common practice of patching off different packs on different phases down the same spider and into your premade soca?

Tony

Thanks very much!

Although one spec on that has confused me a little:

What does it mean by "300 / 500 V" for working voltage?

Is one for AC and the other for DC, or something completely different?

Archived