nexo systems

The Boogie Man

Cheers troops, I'm swaying in their direction more and more.

Questions, ps10's and their own amp what sort of real world volume per side are we talking? likewise ps15's

baz

From personal experience with both systems I would say an adequately powered PS10 + LS500 would cover 300 peeps max.

PS15 + LS1200 up to 500 max.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers troops,

To Rob,

My matrix put out 650w per side but it's at 4ohms so if it saw the ps 15s at 8ohms it would only give 390w per side.

Probably nowhere near enough to keep them happy.

To rinkydinkron,

If those figures are the sort of expected coverage then my matrix into my celestion 400w per side bass cabs for everything below 150htz and a ps10 amp with the controller in and ps10 speakers should be wa forward. I like the idea of having the controller built in as it's one less wall wart and as one who's been reading my other post in lighting will know I'm thinking about amp draw at the sockets.

So does any disagree with that set up for any reasons I might have missed or are we on a winner?

cheers

baz

390watts per side is ok if its all you need, although you'd have to be careful with the amp.

my guess is that you'll need alot more than this.

There are many amps that will power the ps15's, but as you use a matrix amp then I'll stick with them. the UKP2100, STR2000, STR3000, and similar would be suitable. it would be fine to put even more power to them if you wanted although as I explained in another post, you start to spend ALOT of money for not much gain.

I would not put anything less than what the PS10 amp puts out (430 watts @ 8Ohms per channel) through the PS10's but remember as long as you use a controller and it's set up properly they will happily accept much more power.

Hi guys, I've just re-read my last post and it may have been a bit unclear.

my matrix 1300 into my celestion 400w per side bass cabs for everything below 150htz

and a ps10 amp with the controller in and ps10 speakers for the tops.

enough for pubs/ clubs with loud crowd?

cheers

baz

I would say so. I really can't see why not.

Just remember, quality not quantity. although you can general get both from the ps10's and ps15's.

Remember the higher the better with your top cabs.

and finally as Mark points out. never point 2 where one will do. (if you start doing bigger venues dont just double up on cabs).

Used properly this should be a very good little system.

Rob

Hi guys, I've just re-read my last post and it may have been a bit unclear.

my matrix 1300 into my celestion 400w per side bass cabs for everything below 150htz

and a ps10 amp with the controller in and ps10 speakers for the tops.

enough for pubs/ clubs with loud crowd?

cheers

baz

Don't know if you agree Rob but the only thing I would be a little concerned about with the above set up would be the Celestions keeping up with the PS10's.

I am not familiar with the speaker but I predict the Celestion would run out of gas way before the little Nexos.

Cheers guys,

Rob as a matter of interest, when you say dont just double the speakers up for bigger gigs, do you mean horizontaly as in one amp powering 2 speakers a side. Or do you mean dont stack them. I can see that side by side might not be good on one amp,

but if you split the

signal from the x/over ( 150htz upwards) to two matched amps, put one set of cabs high and angled down towards the mid/rear of the audience and the other at head hight and then adjusted the volume to suit the

people up close wouldn't that inessance be a small line array?

baz

He means similar things to what Mark Payne was saying. Don't array speakers together each side of the stage, because it won't be right to do so.

Strnage acoustic phasing things will happen (such as Comb Filtering) and that'll muck up the sound.

I think Simon summed it up with the NO.

We're not trying to put you off doing anything, we're not trying to make you do anything either.

Personally I think that the PS10's would be a good little system with those subs. particularly as there isn't alot of sub bass content. there is of course always the option to upgrade the subs at a later date but I dont think you would need to worry about that in the near future.

Read through Marks posts again, if there's anything you dont understand, ask.

If you are worried that PS10's might not be enough then you need to look at PS15's and an amp. I'm still not convinced that you'd gain that much by spending hundreds more for a few extra hundred watts on an amp. but the amp choice is up to you.

The advantage of the PS15's as has been discussed. you can cross them over lower, they're louder, in a small venue you dont need to take your subs in.

the PS series will NOT array. you can happily put 2 side by side and turn them up but you'll get all sorts of strange effects you REALLY dont want.

as I've said. dont point 2 where 1 will do!

Rob

thanx troops,

Just to be clear I wasnt asking about arraying ps's in the post earlier, I understand that it isnt nessessary or a good thing.

I was just wondering what it might sound like, using what I've got now ( whilst I save up for the nexos ) If I was to

split the signal from the x/over ( 150htz upwards) to two matched amps matrix 1300's, put one set of cabs ( celestion roads) high and angled down towards the mid/rear of the audience and another set of cabs at shoulder height and then adjusted the volume to suit the people up close. The bass runs as before.

Not a plan just an idea. bad/good?

cheers baz

Archived