Leatherman

Ben

Has anyone seen a leatherman break in any way?

I have not seen it myself until today when while cutting sone glue between some chip board the main blade on my wave snapped strait off and found a new home in my hand... (not a bad cut just a little one really). everyone that was there or heard about it after was shocked that a leatherman had broken and no body had ever seen it before so I was curious to know if any of you have?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a technician (lose term... not meaning to insult anyone!... without a leatherman / gerber is like:...

Tom without Jerry

Ben without Jerry

A geordie without a string vest

A geordie without a pint of stella

<<<DELETED!!!>>>

A mackum (sunderland supporter) without suicidal tendancies

a scouser without stolen goods

Morcambe without Wise

Bournemouth without old (dead) people

Steptoe without Son

a house without a door number (! :angry: )

a woman without breasts

tweedle dee without tweedle dum

gareth without jordan

dwight york without jordan

dane bowers without jordan

jordan without .... jordan??

A maglite with no bulb

A maglite with no batteries

A welshman without his.... (baa!)

a piper witout bagpipes

a dvd when you've only got vhs player

a bank account when your student loan for some reason hasn't appeared (HINT!!!!)

the list is endless!

I'm tired now!

only logged on coz I couldn't sleep ... utter some useless nonsense an then climb back into bed

zzzz for now

I believe (although I own Gerbers) that the Leatherman's warranty covers almost anything.

I've broken a couple of Gerbers (levering cable ties off with the bradawl, most notably) and they were great about it. Sent it back. No questions asked - new one in the post...not even a repair.

I reckon they'll even cover orange-inflicted rusting, Selena.

I'm sure Leathermans service is the same. That's why they cost so damn much.

I've had the very same thing happen to my leatherman...my blade snapped off just where the hole (that sticks out for your thumb to open it with) starts, I was useing the tool very reasonably..........I think, well that's what I wrote in the covering letter I sent when I got my wave replaced!!! Write to leatherman, including the 2 parts (which should be 1!) at the following address:~

Leatherman Warranty (UK)

Whitby & Co.

Aynam Mills

Canal Head North

Kendal

Cumbria

LA9 7BY

There is still one BIG unanswered question though,

How on earth are you going to manage for the week / 10 days before it's sorted? However, I got mine within a week.

Good luck - Lampie :huh:

Can I send them my enpty pouch saying that I've got a problem with it in that the leatherman isn't there any more :huh:

Yes - I've lost mine - and I'm going to have to get a new one from somewhere

(or go for a change and go gerber....)

I dont think I can survive without my leatherman, I know it sounds silly to all those who dont have one but not having it today was hell, I realised how anoying it is to carry 6 screwdrivers pliers and a knife...

I miss my leatherman and it only broke last night, I dont know what I will do for the next week or 2 :huh:

According to the advertising blurb on my Gerber Legend, it has the only multi-tool cutters that will do piano wire. Apparently. Not tried it myself, though. The cutters are replaceable and you get three sets of blades to change, too.

Archived