Leatherman

Ben

Right, time to resurrect a VERY old thread!! Thought that was preferable to starting a new one....I've managed to break a big chunk off the top of my smallest flat screwdriver blade on my Gerber undoing a particularly overtightened screw (grr). Does anyone know if there's anywhere in the UK that can replace the blade, or do I have to send it to the States?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, time to resurrect a VERY old thread!! Thought that was preferable to starting a new one....I've managed to break a big chunk off the top of my smallest flat screwdriver blade on my Gerber undoing a particularly overtightened screw (grr). Does anyone know if there's anywhere in the UK that can replace the blade, or do I have to send it to the States?

When I did this I came to the conclusion that it would have to be sent off to the states, and just filed to down to provide a blade that would do. However, I was in the middle of an event, and needed it, so didn't spend too long looking.

Has anyone seen a leatherman break in any way?

I have not seen it myself until today when while cutting sone glue between some chip board the main blade on my wave snapped strait off and found a new home in my hand... (not a bad cut just a little one really). everyone that was there or heard about it after was shocked that a leatherman had broken and no body had ever seen it before so I was curious to know if any of you have?

I have a Leatherman Supertool, I foolishly lent it to someone a couple of years back and they broke two of the screwdriver bits by using them to unscrew screws that were too large. I contacted Whitby & Co who are the main importers here who said that I should send it to them and they would look at it, I put it in a jiffy bag and sent it on a Monday as I was leaving to go away on a job, when I came back on Thursday, my leatherman had been returned, both screwdriver blades were replaced and the serrated knife blade had also been replaced, apparently it had been updated, my leatherman was like new. This was all done free of charge and I was amazed at the speedy turnaround time. I still think they are the best and their support is second to none. They can be found at http://www.whitbyandco.co.uk

Archived