Lighting desk recommendations

Thirdtap

‘Lo

I am looking to buy a couple of 24 channel lighting desks. It will mainly be used for conferences and possibly operated by non lighting people. I was looking for a 24 channel version of the zero88 XLS because we have a few 12 channel XL desks and it would help with programming having very similar desks in stock.

Soooooooo what I am interested in is personal recommendations of 24 channel desks currently available on the market. Points I am looking for: easily programmable for generic lights and maybe can handle moving lights at a push.

Thanks

Cheers

Ta

Nice one

Etc etc…..

:(

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi,

try the sirius 24 or the frog series - both of which are perfect for the job, the frog is based on the sirius series, which is a variation of the XL series ( I think)

the sirius is very easy to use once programmed and can just handle movers if asked very nicely.

the frog will do all the usual generic stuff with the added advantage that it has a soft-patch that can use all the normal DMX features.

I suggest that you try it out and look at zero88.com for the rest of the features.

I've found it to be great for the simple stuff and not too complex so that any eejit can cope with running a programmed show.

anyway, it has been no problem for us, and pretty comfy to use (has a nice arm rest thingy on the front end as well B) )

good hunting,

andrew

‘Lo

I am looking to buy a couple of 24 channel lighting desks. It will mainly be used for conferences and possibly operated by non lighting people. I was looking for a 24 channel version of the zero88 XLS because we have a few 12 channel XL desks and it would help with programming having very similar desks in stock.

Soooooooo what I am interested in is personal recommendations of 24 channel desks currently available on the market. Points I am looking for: easily programmable for generic lights and maybe can handle moving lights at a push.

Thanks

Cheers

Ta

Nice one

Etc etc…..

:(

That'll be a Fat Frog then my friend!

Stu

Greetings,

If your looking for a 12/24 channel desk have a look at the new behringer lighting desk. I has tons of features and a very low price tag (£189.00 inc.vat) the last time I looked. If anyone has had a play with one of these let me know.

Regards

Fleeting

With regards the Behringer desk I haven't heard any user reviews of it yet so I am inclined to avoid it because it is very much an unknown at the moment. I am looking more towards Zero88 and Strand because people will be familiar with operation and programming.

I am also looking for desks with as few extra parts as possible. Such as external power supplies which may get left out of the case on site or back at the wharehouse. DOH!

If your looking for a 12/24 channel desk have a look at the new behringer lighting desk. I has tons of features and a very low price tag (£189.00 inc.vat) the last time I looked. If anyone has had a play with one of these let me know.[

Take a look at this thread from a while back...

Check out the ETC range of desks!!

VERY, Very nice to use.

Very easy to program.... so long as you ignore the manual!

ETC Connect

Quality bits of kit you can even run WISIWIG and program the desk from there....

Most will accommodate any moving head lights you have as well. :(

I can't reccommend the Fat Frog enough, I own one of them personally and it's the best thing since the old white square cut stuff!

The Fat Frog has, as many will know, 24 generic channels (48 in wide mode), 12 moving head lights capacity and a whole load of brilliant features (including a frogger game for your monitor when bored!). Have a look, http://www.zero88.com/products_main.php?prodID=9 - it doesn't come with monitor or keyboard though! If you're interested I would be more than happy to pm you the price I paid for mine!

Regards, and happy hunting,

Rich.

can't do a comparison to other desks, but the XLS is solid, good value, portable, and very easy to use, and even to program - I'd certainly recommend it for this kind of application as it's easily portable, does multiple output types, and is flexible.

--N

No the XLS is no more which is what promted me to ask for recomendations. Thanks for the ETC link I didn't think that they did small desks. I have used Arri badged ETC desks and an Express / Expression desks and found they were nice. Might try and get a demo of the strand 100 or 200.

Archived