Wireless firing systems on ebay

lonfire

To The Kid and D Korman,

I understand that the system uses "standard security coding" but depending on the system in use, this can be from less than 2 thousand combinations all the way up to billions. Not knowing which particular system is in use doesn't fill me with confidence. I also agree with the comments on wireless systems not firing due to excessive radio traffic. This is far more likely, and has certainly happened in the past with more expensive systems.

Steve

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmmmm.. right.. its wireless.. no doubt about that.. next you'll be asking for fuseless fireworks or receivers embedded into the fireworks.. I think not..

Disney now use fuseless fireworks with receivers embedded in them.

...added to that, they throw them up into the air with compressed air.

Being made in China I believe.

All makes for a much tighter and predictable/repeatable show.

Technology is advancing.

Lincoln

I appreciate that it is not such an issue with Disney but surely embedding receivers more expensive than connecting the pyros to the receivers. Also, is the way of firing with the compressed air still considered Cat 4?

Disney now use fuseless fireworks with receivers embedded in them.

...added to that, they throw them up into the air with compressed air.

Being made in China I believe.

indeed.. I was under the impression that the compressed air system was developed by disneys own R&D departement like alot of the stuff they use.. but I could be wrong..

there will be some sort of "fuse".. even if its an e-fuse ;-) but I guess thats down to symantics..

found out that these systems work on the 318mhz frequency range..

rgds

chris

found out that these systems work on the 318mhz frequency range..

??? So you'll need a licence to use these in the UK (if they'll give you one), and that frequency is used by things like Taxis!!!

[EDIT 1]

and also used by cheapo imported garage door openers!

[EDIT 2]

So, what the betting they are made using garage door opener modules then ;) :nerd: :mods: :) :) :o :o

A firework mis-fire in a 25 or 50 metre safety zone is very different from a stage pyro on a 10m stage. A firework going off mis-cued will just surprise a few distant people in protective clothes. A stage pyro mis-fire could injure a money name in front of a now traumatised audience. Please Risk Assess and use the tool for the job.

Bell wire by the big reel would be my cable of choice for short runs ( say 10 metres or so) Beyond that keep the loop impedance down by using bigger cable

Completely fine for outdoor pyro, not at all suitable for stage use, this is £149 worth, these are systems from 20k+ which have every safety you could want, but they are to remove the cable runs from point to point not eliminate the short 5m runs from pyro to control box, http://www.pyrodigit.com/pyrodigit%20pro%20plus.htm if you have cash to burn

Colin

Midnight Storm Fireworks

Some features which would put my mind at rest

1) firing stations automatically disarm when the remote is not within (x) meters of it. Re-Arming of stations requires a pin.

Could this some how be adapted, or at least get onto the idea

:blink: Quote fixed

I appreciate that it is not such an issue with Disney but surely embedding receivers more expensive than connecting the pyros to the receivers.

I looked up the Disney patent a few years back, and the shells do have on-board inteligence, but it isnt a radio receiver. The shell is connected to the firing mechanism, and receives the 'fire' command as well as the 'burst after x time' data. At x time after the fire command is detected the on-board chip checks to see if it is still connected to the firing system, and if it is, it decides it wasn't launched and thus should not trigger the bursting charge.

Also, is the way of firing with the compressed air still considered Cat 4?

Ooh, thats a good one. Anyone understand the rules well enough to know??? After all, launching shells with compressed air must be fairly similar to Pumpkin Chunkin...

318MHz???

Are you certain. Taxis and other people are kept well away from this band because here in the uk you might find the MOD not being happy - as in this huge chunk of the radio spectrum belongs to them! In practice, I suspect you may not annoy them much, but depending on where the venue is you might have a few snags with them using somewhat higher powers than you. Where I am in east anglia, one of their radar stations is bang next door, frequency wise, running large amounts of power to their training area and bomb ranges. Pretty well this band is left well alone in NATO countries as your small amount of erp gets wiped out. Not a sensible choice of frequency, and probably illegal to use here anyway.

As we all know with radio circuits - as in our radio mic channels, they are problematic at best, I'd expect a pyro system to be immune from interference and totally reliable - any shared band makes this difficult.

Archived