lighting a model

techieguru

the size of the model is 44 ft in 1/2 scale so about 21 inches? and it will be ecompased in a 50 ft stage model so 25 inch stage I would like to achieve just general lighting and perhap some specials that look like water. the show is the diviners thanks

Okay... well you could use-

- Par16 Birdies

- 3 inch fresnels

- Something you cobble together after a trip to Maplins

It all depends on budget and stuff like that.

Perhaps you could rent the lights?

Take the model into a lighting hire company and show them, and see what they've got that could work.

As for the water special... not sure. Maybe a par16 birdie projecting a gobo? or 2 or three birdies and slowly crossfading between them to create the illusion of movement?

What thoughts have you had already?

David

Those are about as small as they get for conventional lights. I was going to suggest LED's too. You could make the model look really good. There are a zillion LED products out there. Maybe there is something really small in a plug-in and go format, or if your electronics is up to it you could make something with just the raw LED's. An option somewhere inbetween might be some surgery on those cheap coloured torches.

I think projected water would be too complicated to achieve. I'm sure you can create the impression of water with some sort of reflective material.

I fully understand what you mean.

12v profiles - you could add gobos to these and have them as your water effect.

12v birdies as your wash, perhaps?

3 inch 100watt fresnel

If you want LED fixtures, maybe you could build them yourself?

Or like I said, try a local Lighting Hire company.

Take the model into a lighting hire company and show them, and see what they've got that could work.

David

Archived