A-level Results Tomorrow...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry it realy is the difference between getting funding and not that irritates me at the moment

Mind you I blame the government completely:

a) They have put increasingly money in the pot for research

B) By forcing exams to become easier up to degree level they are completely devaluing the degree and forcing people that want to stand out to do PhDs, thus more people wanting the funding..

There is still funding out there in the realm of Science, if you want to fight for it, Although I know of at least 8 people who where after the funding that I got, 2 of which had got 1sts (I only got a 2:1), however by being proactive and driving round the country meeting with different people and showing them how much I wanted the opportunity I was the one chosen.

Anyway, lets all remain peaceful!

Congrats to all those passing exams,

<raises glass to make a toast> Heres to the next step!

well then, how did everybody get on?? where are we going to see you all next year??

A's in Maths, physics, and Chemistry <_< and a B in Further Maths ( I be mad to have chosen to do this). So it's off to Imperial for me, a chance to sample the london life

There is still funding out there in the realm of Science, if you want to fight for it, Although I know of at least 8 people who where after the funding that I got, 2 of which had got 1sts (I only got a 2:1),

Oh - we are back to the original topic. at last ....

Yes - and that is half of the problem she has,

Science:

The funding is given for the research and the uni finds a suitable person.

Arts

The Uni choses the person it wants to research and they have to get funding from somewhere.

Oh well - glad to hear you got the funds,

I know I am going to get hurt for this comment, but...

My understanding was that the government where happier to find funding for science students under the assumption that they where likely to be of later benifit to the country and thus where a worthwhile investment.. However Art subjects only really will provide benifit to the students and thus they would have to find their own funding?

Anyway lets not turn this into a science vs art war! I wish you fiance every success with her studies!

Chris

Steven you are mad anyway...not just to do those subjects. I did my AS's this year and unfortunately it is a couple of retakes for me in January...oh well. As long as I improve on them in January it doesn't matter what I've just got. GOOD LUCK to every1 here who is getting their GCSE's this week!!

Archived