Equinox Fusion 200 spot

fergiemac

One of these fixtures goes through the start up procedure, sticks a bit then goes back to the start, that's with DMX plugged in. Without DMX, it'll work fine on manual control. Tried different cables etc but no luck, the DMX board seems to be part of the main board, anyone had any problems with these fixtures ?

Check all the standard things if not already done. Factory reset, set to the same address as a working fixture. Check the mode and that your are using the correct fixture file. 

If a DMX signal seems to be the only thing that causes a repeat reset, it's worth eliminating the possibility that the control is asking it to. 

Thanks Rob, I've done all the usual stuff, checked multipins are seated properly inside etc, when it's starting up, it doesn't do the same 'motor reset' as the others, it seems to get stuck on the pan movement, could be a stepper motor ? I'll try it on the same address as one of the others later today.

F

If it's a problem with the fixture startup sequence or hardware, it won't boot properly with or without DMX. If DMX signal is genuinely the diagnostic variable, the problem isn't likely to be the rest of the fixture. 

Also check that the symptom isn't the result of some inbuilt effect or standalone macro. 

Edited by indyld

I'm probably not explaining this right, I'm no lampy !  When the fixture is switched on, without DMX, it starts to boot up, does a half turn then sits for a minute and makes a 'clicking' sound, stops and comes to rest, I can then access the menus and it will work in manual mode.

Starting up with DMX in, it does the same thing but when it comes to rest, DMX light goes out and I can't access the menus. Then it will start to boot up again, and will continue to do this until I remove the DMX cable.

The other fixtures seem to work fine, during boot up they spin quite fast whereas this one only gives a half spin very slowly.

I've spoken to Prolight but they're all away til the 3rd Jan, was just seeing if there were any ideas I hadn't thought of.

F

Ok, tried all the resets, checked everything is correct etc and it's still doing the same thing, it's not booting properly with or without DMX connected so I'm going to assume it's either a hardware or pub problem. I'll wait for Prolight to get back to work and give them another shout. Thanks for the help though 

F

• 2 weeks later...