Determining voltage?

Dave m

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Caydo-Screen-Printing-Instructions-Cyanotypes/dp/B0CF5KPSLF/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=30Y4CADZBEPP5&keywords=uv+light+for+cyanotype&qid=1700401134&sprefix=Uv+cyanotype%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

someone asked me to help with the above.

It has a euro 2 pin plug. Not a 110 USA type plug. The bumph says 110v . 
I could remove the moulded plug and fit a USA one, running a 110 transformer, but suspect that it’s actually 220v 

How safe (for the device) is it to try 220v? I don’t want to blow up any internal boards.

TIA

Definitely not a good idea to just try it!

First thought is that if it doesn't have a rating plate which clearly states the voltage, current and safety standards, you shouldn't touch it with an insulated bargepole.

It looks like it is a simple lamp without anything sophisticated like a constant current supply so it is pretty unlikely to be dual voltage.

• Upvote 1

A two pin Euro plug suggests 220/230 volts, but do not count on this.

Preferably seek confirmation from the supplier as to supply voltage, if not available then try 110/115/120 volts first. If it works correctly dont use  220/230 volts.

An led array might well be multivoltage but do not count on this