Solo CSI Lamps

GOODN537433

Evening All.

Used to be here years ago under a different name, but pc issues back in the day meant I lost my access and account and still cannot find my old profile or posts.

I have discovered that I'm nearly out of solo 1k csi lamps it looks like I only have a used one left in the spares box 📦.  Does anyone have any of these lamps in stock or know of a supplier as Stage Electrics no longer stock them and say they are no longer available/ made! 

Anyone have any leads or ideas? 

Thanks in Advance 

The Historic Stage Lighting Collective know this problem too well! It's one thing saving the rare and interesting old kit, but making them light up is another! All I can suggest are forum requests like this one, and also searching the archives for questions about the item you have. If you discover a post from ten years back from a theatre with one, sometimes a request to them direct works - as they may well have scrapped the light, but forgot to scrap the lamps hidden in the store?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, paulears said:

The Historic Stage Lighting Collective know this problem too well! It's one thing saving the rare and interesting old kit, but making them light up is another! All I can suggest are forum requests like this one, and also searching the archives for questions about the item you have. If you discover a post from ten years back from a theatre with one, sometimes a request to them direct works - as they may well have scrapped the light, but forgot to scrap the lamps hidden in the store?

I found 6x CV124  (807) valves that way

• Like 2

I know they can run cid lamps but they are not as powerful and I have never seen them. Available.

So I may end up with perfectly adequate lanterns just collecting dust.

I've trawled some bits on the net with no luck currently.

This could become very depressing rather quickly and not helping the green situation if they end up in a scrap pile when they are perfectly fine apart from no lamps 😭

Check out David Fitch Services at www.davidfitchservices.com 

They aren't cheap but there are a few about - £200+ each. (most likely New/Old Stock) 

We are looking at alternative short arcs in some of our follow spots at HSLC to keep them going. 

As PaulEars mentioned earlier, it's a problem. However, we are working on different ways to keep arcs in old follow spots. 

We are on FB and tend to put on there what we do - We have just tried out an old Patt 265 MkII 400w CSI vs a converted Patt 265 MkII 400w MSR single-ended. Interesting results. 

Best of luck and don't give up! 🙂

• Upvote 2