Rack Mount Clocks

Does anybody know where I can purchase a 19" rack mountable free running clock and stop watch set up without it costing mega money? Ideally 1U with different colour LED displays, but that's not critical. I can find plenty of timecode displays etc for the broadcast end of the industry, but nothing as simple as a clock!

Many Thanks

Glyn

You might want to look at Canford Audio and/or the clocks from Glensound, Wharton, Sonifex, Evertz. Yes, they are broadcast-based, but that does mean they can usually be racked. I don’t know if they do what you want, or if within the budget, but there’s plenty of choice! Although most will be NTP, I would expect them to be able to free-run too.

Canford have a good range from Wharton (which I seem to remember is what is inside the Stage Electrics prompt desks). Might also be worth asking GDS if they could mount one of their clocks into a 1U or 2U plate.

At the cheaper end I'd agree with Stuart91 - find a nice surface mounting unit and mount it on a panel.

[edit to add]

I've seen a few of these mounted in prompt desks (Symphony Hall and some ICC spaces), but not sure whether they have a UK dealer.

Edited by J Pearce