Tower for small Line array

Bad_Rock

The teepee shown is very compact when it is in pieces and only takes up about a third of a Sprinter-sized van

To be honest, I think you are going to struggle to find a free-standing support, that can reach 8 metres and will fit in a van with 16 boxes of any size line array plus motors, desk, multi and the rest of the equipment required to make it work.

Something else to think about when deciding whether to invest in these sorts of towers is insurance. When you get into "regular", rather than "occasional", use of constructed supports your premiums will increase fairly sharply. It may be in your interest to sub-hire them in and remove the responsibility of their construction from yourself.

Hope you find something that works for you.

It is made in Taiwan I don't think it says "indoor/outdoor use". Can you tell by the look if it's capable to be used outside?

I don't think they have owners manual neither ( seriously).

It is no doubt a chinese one and it cost approx 10000 Euros. Is it expensive? Does it worth the risk of buying a clone?

Personally, I'd be uncomfortable buying truss from a manufacturer that I didn't know and couldn't return kit to for inspection or repair.

Are you sure you want to trust the stability of your line array to a product which will have no after-sales support, is unclear on its ability to be used inside and/or outside, and comes with no instructions? (This is a structure which, if put up incorrectly, can either fail and come down, possibly hurting people, or weaken and become unsafe.)

I certainly would not purchase from anyone other than a 'named' manufacturer, even if it cost more. Worth the investment, in my opinion.

It just looks like a large GS tower base to me, I have used similar designs outside before but always in a 6 or 8 legged system for a stage roof; I certainly wouldn't want to use them singularly without some serious ballast.

Summit steel use a similar system, using ballast summit smartmast1

The teepee system doesn't use the ballast as it's larger footprint makes it much more stable.

As the weight you wish to hang is minimal have you considered a scaffold based system, you'd easily be able to do 6m without a massive footprint. and it'll be pretty company (although quite weighty) to transport.

I have rigged PA from steelwork very similar to kwikform using special spreader beams (and still only 6 verticals) which was good for 16 box hangs of Martin Audio line array. This was at a height of 13m

Regards

Tim

You are right lxdeptnz. You really made me consider the fact of spending more money. Sometimes when budget it's limited and is not a time of fat cows people like me it's tempted to spend less in the less reliable staff ( like structures). At least over here you can get someone to pay a bit more for a decent line array but they wont spend an extra penny for the structures brand.

Thank you very much for your help.

Been watching the posts on this one with keen interest.

Safety is definitely key here!

I personally like the look of the TeePee system - seen others using it before and it also looks good.

Glad you've decided to go down the reputable manufacturer route.

Archived