Thread for 100v line horns.

James

I have a number of 100v line horns that tend to get used for things like school sports days etc, I don't do a lot and have picked up various items over the years from various locations. 

One of my 3 larger horns has recently been damaged and I'm trying to find out more about it to ideally look to repair it as it has been fairly useful.

What's happened is the plastic thread between the Horn and Compression Driver has become cracked which means the driver is no longer securely attached. I could attempt to repair the thread with epoxy adhesive but am reluctant to trust a repair (particularly as this is all that supports the ~2Kg driver) so would rather track down a replacement component if possible. 

There are no markings on the horn but there is the following on the Driver:

• Thunder & Calm
  • Suim Technology Corporation
  • Compresion Driver
  • NDU-50B
  • 50 Watts 8 Ohm
  • Made in Korea

I don't know if the horn comes from the same source as the driver, I've tried various searches online but have struggled to track down a UK based dealer for "Suim Technology Corporation"  It came to me as part of a bulk lot from a used dealer so that's probably a dead end - any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 

James.  

52600617753_330939e18b_k.jpg

52600357934_b30533e2f5_k.jpg

52600097761_37317a0586_k.jpg

6 hours ago, Dave m said:

Worst comes to worse, epoxy it and include a safety to the horn itself.

You may find that total replacement is cheaper than fixing it

I think horns are a common thread?

All that plus a Jubilee clip around the outside of the collar would be a low cost, pretty strong solution.

On 1/1/2023 at 11:28 PM, DrV said:

All that plus a Jubilee clip around the outside of the collar would be a low cost, pretty strong solution.

As it happens I have attempted a repair with epoxy (and did use a Jubilee clip to add pressure) Will thoroughly inspect once the epoxy is dry. 

Would still feel slightly more comfortable if I could track down an original replacement part but suspect that is somewhat unlikely now. 

Thanks all 

James. 

Hi James,

I might be able to help. I have a spare horn throat from an old Adastra PA reflex horn that looks like that. It has the standard 1 3/8" thread on. It's in the attic. I'll dig it out and take a picture and you can see if it'll do.

Back to you tomorrow.

Pete.