Lamps! Where do you buy yours?

Ricochet UK

Hi, basically I am looking to buy stage lamps at trade prices, I am opening a new sound and lighting sales & hire company and wanting to buy in bulk, I am looking for fair priced suppers for par can lamps, theatre lamps, discharge lamps along with standard lamps too, I have found a couple but just wanting to know who you use?

Thanks in advance for all your help, if you have any ideas.

Andrew Ling

You may find it cost effective to buy in large quantities direct from the manufacturer. Ring them and ask, if you talk to the right people they may be quite helpful.

This does, however, mean you need to have a fair bit of capital up front in order to make the purchase, which may prove to be a bit of an issue.

Any of the biggies should give you a good deal if your buying quite a few lamps.

I've not had to do a lamp run for a while now but I'd give Stage Electrics, Whitelight, AC Lighting, UsedLighting (for new lamps!) & 10outof10 a try just off the top of my head.

Stu

Ok thanks everyone for your very fast replies, Ok bulk, possible the wrong word to use, I meant more than one or two lamps every year, I am looking to buy not thousands of them just mabe 10-20 of each type to start with, like 10 X T19 mabe 30 of each type par lamp CP61, 62 and a few of the common discharge lamps, msd 250, 575's and so on,

I Have spoken to MGC Lamps, and I will give Mico a call later,

Thanks so far guys,

Its worth phoning round a bit as you might find differnt lamps from different people to be a good idea price wise, also give lightfactor a call and somone in the sales office should be able to help you out with a quote.

• 3 weeks later...
Always worth trying a local electrical wholesaler. They often don't have a clue what you are actually buying, but sometimes you then get a very good price, if they have it available on their system. I got 24 par64 cp62's at 4.96 each about 18months ago. They were a one-off, but well worth having.

Stage have got a deal on at the moment for CP60/61 or 62 Lamps at £17.00 each.

Sam

Not sure where SE are getting some of their lamps from at the minute, but half of the HPL750's I got from them a few weeks back have lasted two shows. Cheapest doesn't always equal best.

Hi, basically I am looking to buy stage lamps at trade prices, I am opening a new sound and lighting sales & hire company and wanting to buy in bulk, I am looking for fair priced suppers for par can lamps, theatre lamps, discharge lamps along with standard lamps too, I have found a couple but just wanting to know who you use?

Thanks in advance for all your help, if you have any ideas.

Andrew Ling

How about BulbAmerica.com? I just bought a dimmer from them and they seem ok. That is the limit of my dealings with them though.

Archived