White socapex cable

xllx

I've been asked if white socapex multicore exists. This is for a corporate event in a white room, with white bars and white lights!

I can find grey YY cable, but can't find anything 18 core, 1.5mm2 or 2.5mm2. 

Anyone know where I could buy cable to make up or even hire?

We had the same question about 4 years ago, twice in the same venue within 3 months our solution the first was to make up white 15A cables as we only needed 4 channels, the second solution for many more channels was white gaffa tape on soca cables. I still don't understand the logic of installed IWB's but no cabling.

Things may have changed now but I doubt it.

Good luck.

Don't forget to protect the bar from scratches, we were pre-warned about that one and cut 75mm lengths of white plastic 50mm down pipe from Wickes and had to use hook clamps as too big for couplers.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, xllx said:

I can find grey YY cable, but can't find anything 18 core, 1.5mm2 or 2.5mm2. 

1.5mm - Lapp ÖLFLEX® CLASSIC 100 300/500 in Light Grey, part no. 0010074 

RRP is £650 for 100m.

Edited by dje

10 hours ago, sunray said:

with a big black stripe

I presume you're referring to the text on the side. I'm stood in front of a piece and to be honest it's not that bad. It's still certainly a lot less unsightly than black cable in a lighter setting. 

13 hours ago, david.elsbury said:

Sounds like a job for a Lycra sock. 

or, some white table cloths ripped into strips with zip ties. (I may have done the same with black table cloths, to mask horrible orange fibre optic video cables…) 😉

Or you could do split conduit. The plastic, hose like stuff 

s-l400.jpg

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, dje said:

Or you could do split conduit. The plastic, hose like stuff 

s-l400.jpg

That's a good option.

I once did an installation which specified 25mm white pvc conduit and premade AV cables. We tried to explain the plugs wouldn't go through the conduit and proposed minitrunking.

However the customer insisted to be installed as the consultant categorically stated it would be possible so we used split flexie. Consultant snagged it so we split standard white conduit  plus the fittings and installed with split at the back. Absolute torture but it worked.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dje said:

I presume you're referring to the text on the side. I'm stood in front of a piece and to be honest it's not that bad. It's still certainly a lot less unsightly than black cable in a lighter setting. 

Yes the text When Ive handled it, it was a bold line of text with a continuous between words and very obvious.

Identical colour to YY cable so we went that way as far cheaper.

Thanks all for your thoughts

Looks like covering black multicore with a sleeve of some sort willl be the best solution.

I was originally planning to go with the lycra sock plan for the multi, and might make up some custom spiders with white PVC cable and paint the 16A ceeforms white! I'll look at the split flexi trunking too, as I hadn't thought of that already.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xllx said:

outThanks all for your thoughts

Looks like covering black multicore with a sleeve of some sort willl be the best solution.

I was originally planning to go with the lycra sock plan for the multi, and might make up some custom spiders with white PVC cable and paint the 16A ceeforms white! I'll look at the split flexi trunking too, as I hadn't thought of that already.

Of tthe suggestions I reckon it's at the top of the list.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, xllx said:

I was originally planning to go with the lycra sock plan for the multi, and might make up some custom spiders with white PVC cable and paint the 16A ceeforms white!

If it helps, I think these are the least blue (non-black) 16A connectors I've seen. Might be slightly grey though Gewiss GW62004h

Edited by Yorkie
White space removed
  • Upvote 1