earphones

gnomatron

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Old topic resurrection time .....

Brian, having had the E2Cs for a while now, any further comments? I'm going to get some nice isolating in-ears to use with my iPod, and the E2Cs are looking like a good bet at the moment (some good deals on Ebay). Is there anything else I should be considering?

For the QuietComfort 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones it is 275. Personally, after previous experience with the earlier model I would not spend that amount of money. I have been using a pair of HD25's for the past 3 years and never yet had a problem with them, high quality and excellent sound, all for a small 120 quid!

Ben.

I too would be interested in some decent in-ear jobbies. From time to time, I'm required to use me laptop on the train to knock out a quick mix from work imported to Cubase. For this kind of stuff, my HD25SP's are perfectly adequate, but I'm sure I look as silly as I feel when using them on public transport!

• 4 months later...

hello. Sorry for not noticing the resurrection, I haven't been round these parts in a while!

well, having had my e2cs a while now, I'll happily say they're great. They sound lovely, and the isolation is great. I run my iriver at half volume at most, and as long as you push them in properly, you get good rich bass. It turned out to be very important to get a good fit, I personally found the foam earpieces more comfortable and better-fitting. They tend to get dirty, but you can remove them and clean them with warm water and soap.

You can get the from Turnkey now for about 50 quid, which is a pretty good deal.

I'd also forgotten about this topic ... so perhaps I should post my experiences thus far.

I bought a set of E2Cs from Ebay. Nice solid well-built pieces of kit, and lots of different fit options supplied. The trouble was, I couldn't get on with any of them. I tried them all, and just couldn't get them fitting comfortably. They do sound great when correctly inserted - but there's no point in having something that sounds great but which is bl**dy uncomfortable, so they had to go.

Just wondering what to try next ...

.... bl**dy uncomfortable, so they had to go.

Never tried them, but I'd guess others may share your sentiments - if you look on Ebay, you'll find loads of new ones - local and import, but also a fair number of second hand ones....

Personally, I'd be a bit concerned about sticking something in my ear if I knew it had been in someone elses.... yuck!

My EC2's arrived yesterday. I seem to be getting on ok with the very intrusive fitting, but as others have said, they do sound so much better than the Apple ones. As I'm not really using them for monitoring, it's hard to justify the additional cost of the other units (EC3 etc).

I've done a couple of gigs with some Shure E2s, and I've been quite impressed. So much though that I've been thinking of buying some myself. Only problem I noticed with them is their tendency to fall out. Some of the more expensive ones have better mechanisms for keeping them in.

Non sound isolating but the nicest iv ever had, and my current earphones with my ipod are the bang and olufsen a8. Bloody amazing. I have been using them since Christmas's and am more than pleased with them. I would rather have them than sound isolating any day.

They normally retail for about £70-80 off eBay.

HTH

Rich

Mine seem to stay well and truly in. Did you try all the different sized and denesity sleeve options? I ended up plumping for the small black ones at the moment, and might go to the small white ones. If the sleeves aren't right, then they will not sit in far enough, or be too loose, possibly why the fall out. Failing that you could have freakishly weird shaped ear canals......

Believe me, I tried all the options. The ones I got on best with were the foam ones (medium size), but even they weren't especially comfortable. I certainly couldn't have entertained the idea of wearing them for a 2 or 3-hour train journey. Still, never mind - I sold them on Ebay for almost as much as I paid for them :(.

Archived