SHOWTEC SHOWMASTER 48

rockmachine

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get to grips with the Showtec Showmaster 48. Even before I try to start programming the desk indicator lights all remain on and won't go off....Sometimes they will go off for a brief period of a minute but then returns to all on again..Every light remains on and I cannot engage any programming... Any views would be appreciated.

Many thanks Christine.

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get to grips with the Showtec Showmaster 48. Even before I try to start programming the desk indicator lights all remain on and won't go off....Sometimes they will go off for a brief period of a minute but then returns to all on again..Every light remains on and I cannot engage any programming... Any views would be appreciated.

Many thanks Christine.

Umm, that's a bit odd. It would respond like that if the 'Full On' button (under the 'speed' slider) was depressed. Is this a new console or a used one? If used, the 'Full On' button may have stuck and you could try pressing it a few times to unlatch. I assume all sliders are in the down position?

It appears to me that is not completing power-on reset correctly or it is going into the power-on reset state during use. Check and verify that you are using the correct power adapter. If you can, substitute another power adapter in case the one you are using is faulty.

One at a school I volunteer at does that. Turn it off, unplug it and leave it overnight and there is a 50:50 chance it will start correctly next day! :angry:

About as useful as a chocolate teapot if the power gets cut in a run in to a show day final rehearsal. Yep... been there. A student unplugged it from a multiblock to plug their phone in to charge it! :unsure: Fortunately I had my trusty Smartfade ML in the back of the car and was able to substitute albeit with programming changes up to the last minute and still a bit of busking! Not the best lighting, but I don't think most of the audience will have noticed!

I can't remember - does it have a backup battery? If so, I wonder if it's leaked and damaged the main board? It might depend on the type of battery, I guess.

It does have a backup battery Alister (Varta 3.6V soldered to the pcb if I remember correctly).

Edited by erik10_4

I can't remember - does it have a backup battery? If so, I wonder if it's leaked and damaged the main board? It might depend on the type of battery, I guess.

It does have a backup battery Alister (Varta 3.6V soldered to the pcb if I remember correctly).

Those *&^/$^&* things are notorious! Get it replaced ASAP whether it's leaked or not. They last about 5 years in my experience and then sneak out in the night and corrode your PCB tracks while you're not looking.

I have a Cobra clone and a Chauvet designer 50, they are both S/H off Ebay and have back up batteries of unknown vintage and I've found the symptoms described with both.My theory is the desk fails start up checks due to the flat battery after a long period of no use. Unplugging and repowering does nothing and neither does leaving it plugged in.But after several hours of being plugged in and the battery is charged, I've found powering down, leaving for 30 seconds or so and repowering it then completes its checks and works OK.

It even still has the memories safe.

May I thank you all for all your help with the indicator lights switching on and staying on....

From all the suggestions we have the problem solved....I am now starting to programme with the one DMX par can and once familiar will build up and up and up....

It is a showtec showmaster 48 - if you have any great tips for the programming it would be greatly appreciated...

Again many thanks to all the contributors.

Rock Machine....

It is a showtec showmaster 48 - if you have any great tips for the programming it would be greatly appreciated...

Again many thanks to all the contributors.

Rock Machine....

It's pretty straightforward to programme and operate really, depending on how you want to use it (whether you want scenes/chases etc.). I assume you have the manual? (programming is pretty much the same regardless of the showmaster version) but if not, you can download one here . The manual is very easy to follow with good examples. If there is anything specific you are unsure about however or you can't get things to work, give us as shout and describe your issues.

Regards

Edited by erik10_4