CCTV camera

Gerry

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Did another Google search and found a tube of U video which showed which fields needed clicking in the CMS setup.Not all that logical in my opinion.

Also found a different bit of software which was easy to set up and didn't need a manual.

Using either bit of software on my laptop, running either Win7 or Win10 there was about a 2 sec delay between movement in front of the camera and movement on-screen.

Is this normal?

Cheers

Gerry

Yup that kind of latency is probably to be expected. It’s the nature of an IP camera. If you want lower you need to go for something outputting a direct signal (composite; maybe ACI, SDI , hdmi ) to a monitor and not using a computer. Note that anything other than composite will have some degree of latency.

HTH

Thanks for the reply.

I think I can live with the latency for the purpose I will be using it.

I slight delay in me bringing up the stage lights is better than what sometimes happens now.

I sometimes have to guess the stage crew or offstage and the actors onstage because I can't hear any footsteps and all seems quite, but I bring up the lights and the wrong set of people are onstage.

Yes, I know the DSM should cue me but we don't have one.

Cheers

Gerry