Fred Foster 1957-2019

sparkyweb

I have to admit to not having heard of the gentleman, but since seeing the announcement on the ETC page I feel I should have, but do know a little about him and his influence on the company/industry.

However it is mildly amusing to see the posts all over social media from so many people who've made lyrical eulogies to Fred despite the fact that I'd bet 90% of them, like me, heard of him for the first time this week.

The same happens when a celeb passes on and every man and his dog seems to think they owe the world a sharing of their personal feelings...

While social media does tend to ramp up the emotional outpourings a little much for my taste, Fred was a big character and spoke to anyone and everyone. He was the kind of person that made an impression on even those that didn't really know who this enthusiastic chap on the ETC stand was.

When Francis Reid died, who I knew quite well, we were going to say something - and didn't, and I'd bet that many members haven't realised that one of the Blue Room Stalwarts - Bobbsy - Bob Howes, passed away a while back recently, which I found personally very sad. I just find it odd that the CEO of a big company who we don't know we talk about and two people much closer to the BR's aims doesn't?

EDIT

Maybe we should have a section of the forum for these sad events - we've had quite a few over the past year or two - so a central repository for the folk who have gone could be a nice thing to have going.

Archived