LEDJ57

BernadetteWard

Hello, we are using 4 LEDJ 57 strobe lights for our panto. We're running them via our ETC Nomad on the second universe along with some movers and LED battons. The LEDJ57's are at the beginning of the DMX chain. They had been working fine but all of a sudden they randomly start flashing at certain points in the show. There is a terminator at the end of the DMX chain. Any ideas why they might be doing this?

Many thanks,

Bernadette

When you say "certain points in the show" do you mean it always happens in the same places in the show?

If it's the RDM problem you would expect that to happen all the time. It sounds more like some values have been accidentally programmed for the fixtures.

Another one to check, is "certain points in the show" an unusualy loud section? We have a "cheap" DMX strobe (Eurolight maybe) that had a "sound-to-light" mode but even in DMX mode, it would be sensitive to loud noises (sorry, "singing") and would thus sometimes flash at random. I opened up the unit and disconnected the microphone...

Kevin

Another one to check, is "certain points in the show" an unusualy loud section? We have a "cheap" DMX strobe (Eurolight maybe) that had a "sound-to-light" mode but even in DMX mode, it would be sensitive to loud noises (sorry, "singing") and would thus sometimes flash at random. I opened up the unit and disconnected the microphone...

I'm sure I had some early LED PARcans which did the same, and like you I opened them up and chopped the mic out.

<br />
<br />Another one to check, is "certain points in the show" an unusualy loud section? We have a "cheap" DMX strobe (Eurolight maybe) that had a "sound-to-light" mode but even in DMX mode, it would be sensitive to loud noises (sorry, "singing") and would thus sometimes flash at random. I opened up the unit and disconnected the microphone...<br />
<br /><br />I'm sure I had some early LED PARcans which did the same, and like you I opened them up and chopped the mic out.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I imagine up and down the country people are saying "I did that too",I know I have in several bits of kit.

Archived