Cable Burn in device - saves up to 400 hrs of your time

paulears

Dont forget ,if your using these exotic cables remember to use oxygen free solder,the stuff we sell has a special molecule aliment fluid built in that that will ensure correct directionaltivety of each and every joint.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TRS cable has direction - get it right and the lay of the cores will align with the terminals of a ceeform for male and female respectively. A definite advantage with 4mm and higher gauges!
I could not agree with you any stronger, if I'm making up new cables in this sort of situation I would absolutely get it right but I was referring to a guy terminating FST into patch bays etc.

Fine, but an awful lot of cable is made in China. Should this only be used with the electricity running right to left, using sex-changers where necessary to get the connectors at the correct end (this could obviously be a problem with mains cables)?

On a (slightly) more serious note - assuming "burning-in" has ANY effect on your cables, surely what is needed is a Current, rather than a Voltage, in which case how does the box distinguish between the needs of say FST & 4mm speaker cable?

On a (slightly) more serious note - assuming "burning-in" has ANY effect on your cables, surely what is needed is a Current, rather than a Voltage, in which case how does the box distinguish between the needs of say FST & 4mm speaker cable?

It has a calibrated linear conductive reverse bridge network which allows it to generate the optimum voltage for any known cable type.

But seriously, what makes you think that the box is actually doing anything at all?

Being a gullible sort I am prepared to believe that it may well do what it says on the can (i.e. generate a 400Hz square-wave), but to what effect (other than parting audiophiles from their hard-earned dollars) would appear to be more to do with belief than science.

FST has writing on it - therefore electricity flows best left to right. Otherwise, it's going backwards and will struggle.
Ahh thanks Paul, now I realise the purpose of the writing.

Now going back to my BT days the drums of multipair cables pulled into ducts had red and green covers on the cut ends to indicate the direction of the cable...

Just slinging it in the pot.

Now going back to my BT days the drums of multipair cables pulled into ducts had red and green covers on the cut ends to indicate the direction of the cable...

That was to indicate the lay of the cable so when you were jointing it the cores lined up... I used to do railway telecoms and it was not uncommon to have to joint a 200pr cable when the locals stole a length of it from the trackside. If you didn't get the replacement length the right way round it was impossible to join it.

Cable conditioning isn't just for audiophiles. Many nightclubs experience a lack of bass and fidelity that is entirely down to the interconnects on the mixing console.

If your pounding bass isn't powerful enough to drop knickers then the aforementioned cryo treatment followed by a day of wide spectrum conditioning will enrich your club sound and give your patrons the impression that they are in the middle of a live orchestral performance, but with really loud thumping bass.

We also sell calibrated drop-knickers for the bass test.

If you didn't get the replacement length the right way round it was impossible to join it.

Not the lay, that's the individual twist of a pair but yes the cable is made in a layer formation, almost like a spiral. I have seen it done where an existing cable (circa 1000 to 2000pr) was re-used following an exchange move, but as you say if a section is the wrong way round it's absolutely ridiculous trying to joint it and the joints are about 4 times what they should be.

We had one installer who would inspect the cable to see whether he had the send or receive end and run it accordingly. I never got even the slightest clue what he was looking at.

Actually a thing with Active HDMI leads (and USB) - you have a transmitter end with the amp built in and a receiver end. Get it the wrong way round and nothing works....

We had one installer who would inspect the cable to see whether he had the send or receive end and run it accordingly. I never got even the slightest clue what he was looking at.
Actually a thing with Active HDMI leads (and USB) - you have a transmitter end with the amp built in and a receiver end. Get it the wrong way round and nothing works....

But I bet you wouldn't want to burn one of those in with a high power machine...

When cruise ships cross the equator, do audio cables therein have to be reversed end to end to allow for the now reversed magnetic field :rolleyes:

This sounds rather a tedious task, perhaps special bi-directional cables could be specified for such use.:rolleyes:

When cruise ships cross the equator, do audio cables therein have to be reversed end to end to allow for the now reversed magnetic field

Do we have to start passing the port anticlockwise?

Archived