Robe 700 fault

ekul1978

I know the simple answer would be to ring Robe but thought I would ask here too for some advice. I have a 700 that is constantly on, it wont dim. I've tried in on DMX and on the menu but it just stay on full. anyone got any ideas? or solutions?

Luke

I don't know that exact fixture, but it sounds like a motor or power issue. Does everything else in the fixture work e.g. prism, colour and gobo wheels, etc? If they do work then your shutter motor/motor driver circuit might be faulty, but if they don't work then you might have a power/data issue to all motors in the head. I know some Robe fixtures used separate driver boards for the motors in the head, and if that board lost power or data the motors wouldn't do anything.

Hope this helps

Yeah everything else works fine - via DMX and on the test sequence strobes fine so the shutter works just wont dim. I suppose I could swop the head PCB with another unit that I know works. Its just weird. I've emailed Robe too will see what they come back with.

Well opened it up and had a look compared to another unit that I know works and it seems as thought the flags are not working. Now im not sure if its a signal problem or it the motors are dead. They are not in the easiest of places to swop either. Hmmmm.

More likely to be a motor driver than a motor fault, especially if it's two motors off the same driver. Or a wiring break. It's easy to check motor and wiring continuity all in one operation by putting a meter across the windings from the connector on the driver board (after unplugging it from the board of course). Also check that there is no connection between the chassis and any of those pins.

So I think I've traced the fault down to some of the chips - the software version on two of them isn't showing in the menu - going to swop them out with another set that works. I have now found though that two other units are having static gobo issues. The wheels will not align properly when cycling through the options. Not the chips on these I don't think. Does anyone know a way to adjust the wheel to ensure they line up properly when cycled through? Cant see an issue with the sensor either but I may be wrong.

Archived