Theatre Talkback System

GHQ

Any suggestions for a talkback system for lighting Spot ops, Stage Management cues etc ? Preferable portable and on legal radio frequencies.

I've got quotes for £8k which seems excessive!

8K for how many stations?

As Alister suggests,you don't need wireless for a spot op, desk op or DSM, they are not going anywhere, and wireless is a lot more expensive than wired.Often there will be a wired system with a few wireless packs for the SM and others who need to be mobile.

Any suggestions for a talkback system for lighting Spot ops, Stage Management cues etc ? Preferable portable and on legal radio frequencies.

I've got quotes for £8k which seems excessive!

Full duplex radio is a bit of a minority sport thus expensive. If you really need wireless then a 4 way system from Altair should be around 5K ex VAT. Normally you'd have people on wired stations where you can then a few wireless stations for people who need to move.

For amdram consider stonewood systemsI have a radial system that consists of a four Channel master station with four outputs. You can use an additional box to split one into two to run 6 channelsUses batteries or mains

It is single channel and you can use switchable headset mics to keep ambient noise down

I have used professional systems as well but a proper 2 channel talkback with beltpacks and cue/flash costs a lot more

Not brilliant but cheap and useable

http://www.granitesound.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/GS-CCU4-Datasheet.pdf

Archived