Le Maitre Air Cannons

mrmattday93

Looking at getting a few reusable confetti/air cannons. Quite like the compact size of the le maitre air cannon, but wondering if there are any other brands/models out there that are similar? the le maitre ones seem rather expensive for what they essentially are, and the only other types similar I can find use large air cylinders like a compressor as apposed to the small CO2 bulbs.

anything anyone can recommend?

+1 on magic fx - really well made stuff. Exactly why you need a laser sight on a 3 shot confetti gun I dont know, but its cool :P

Side note - Andrew, the showtec ones, same pins as magicfx ? ? I have seen someone with a bunch of chinese ones which I am not interested in touching with anything. But showtec ones maybe.

just a 12v power supply and clamp.

Just a 12v psu??? Have you ever lifted one? I've tested them supplying 8 amps per channel and mine have a transformer inside.

From my experience; pyro cartridges are easy to fire -it's an igniter, Single use CO2 bulb units need mains for about half a second, single use units from MagicFX (and the like) need 12-24v but need lots of current 8amps is good. All of this defines their differing needs for a firing system. My MagicFX launchers will provide 8A down each of four tubes, the tubes will fire from a moderate SLA battery but need short fat wires.

• 2 weeks later...

Side note - Andrew, the showtec ones, same pins as magicfx ? ? I have seen someone with a bunch of chinese ones which I am not interested in touching with anything. But showtec ones maybe.

We have 2x Showtec FX Shot bases that we regularly use with MagicFX cartridges, same system as TCM (The Confettimaker) system as well.

We just use MagicFX cartridges as that's what bax-shop stocks which is about the cheapest/easiest place to order small quantities from.

Only real difference seems to be MagicFX and TCM have powercon on the firing units and Showtec have IEC.

Archived