Software for playing stings etc

JTilling

So unfortanately a couple of weeks ago my trusty Macbook Pro died completely on me (not the hard drive but the whole logic board so not cheap to fix) instead of buying a new macbook I bought a windows laptop as I do a lot of lighting so wanted the touch screen capability (without having to pay extra for special mac drivers etc etc)

Anyway moving on to now I used to use either Qlab or Soundboard on my mac for playing stings etc from.

Now I need a windows capable piece of software and wondered what everyone uses? I have found Multiplay but dislike the editing function in it as there is no visible wave forms and instead I need to know the exact times I want them to start and stop - needless to say its not as nice to use as soundboard and not as good looking as either qlab or soundboard.

So if anyone uses anything decent let me know. I don't mind paying out small amounts of £ but nothing to much.

Thanks n advance!

Multiplay is pretty good, and free. Either set up a cue list or use hot keys or touch screen buttons for random access. A bit old now so won't play mp4/aac files and a bit flakey with mp3, but if everything is 44.1k 16bit wav it's fine if you're looking for a free option.

+1 for SCS.

I've panned sound around the auditorium using 4 amps and speaker sets using SCS, while projecting video and it hasn't missed a beat, works on Windows 10 x86 and x64. I haven't broken it yet and I used to have sign on top of my monitor in the day job that said "Software broken while you wait!"

Archived