Logic Systems

skinda0

Has anyone used/heard logic Systems speakers before? I can't find much info on them or many reviews. They seem to be used a fair amount in larger setups. Seen a pair of subs on eBay (1000W) for £1K which seems to be very overpriced! There are a few other models for £450 but lower power (600W).

I'm looking for a reasonably compact pair of subs to use with a pair of JBL JRX225. Any other brands or recommendations are appreciated.

They used to be sold a lot through Academy of Sound (RIP) which is where I got mine many moons ago. I like them. Chris, Logic Systems' MD, actually gave me a lift home with them when I bought!

I did once cause a light fitting to fall out of the ceiling with a pair of their 600W subs - with the right amp they're quite punchy :)

They used to be sold a lot through Academy of Sound (RIP) which is where I got mine many moons ago. I like them. Chris, Logic Systems' MD, actually gave me a lift home with them when I bought!

I did once cause a light fitting to fall out of the ceiling with a pair of their 600W subs - with the right amp they're quite punchy :)

From the few reviews I have heard logics seem pretty good!

I have seen a pair of LS215a which seem to be twin 15s for £450, but I can't find any information on them on the logic system website. They seem to have forgotten about all of their old models!

I have seen a pair of LS215a which seem to be twin 15s for £450, but I can't find any information on them on the logic system website. They seem to have forgotten about all of their old models!

There were some "retailer specific" model numbers, which was a technique to stop direct comparisons between different chains. I've come across one system that was only ever sold in Sound Control.

(This is quite commonplace with things like flatscreen TVs, but it's the only time I've come across it in pro audio)

Chris Scott left Logic Systems in 2011 and set up another loudspeaker manufacturing company, Inspired Audio

. They seem to have forgotten about all of their old models!

maybe because there founder is no longer with them

and set up another loudspeaker manufacturing company, Inspired Audio

and that optima stuff is dam scary, 6 optima 5's an 2 twin 15's a side shouldnt produce that amount of noise,even the dj was saying how bassey it woz

I was going to say the same thing - my first listen to Optima 5's and the same sub boxes - on Jasper Carrott's touring the Bev Bevan band. It sounded nice - which is exactly how I remember the Logic systems that came through the venue - a sort of predictable sound when you saw them coming off the truck. Seems Chris Scott knows his stuff! Mind you, those Optima 5s are not cheap boxes!

I've worked with a few sets of LS215's in the past - good little double subs, they like to be driven. a couple of contacts I use keep those systems in their hire stock.

they are quite compact, good for wheeling in and out of functions etc. I prefer my turbosound subs but anything logic systems well outclasses JBL's JRX boxes.

what you really want to know when you buy 2nd hand is what the drivers are. those cabs apparently don't play well with drivers they weren't designed for. designed originally for beyma driver I understand and they have also been loaded with PD drivers. which would also explain why you can see them rated slightly differently. also sold under the concert systems badge (I think), you can find them in grey carpet and dark blue carpet variants as well as paint finish. they still make the same gear as part of the 1290/1296 set and it's that 6 box set that you see bits of on ebay. the double 15s are sort of a mid sub, they run 18s below them but to be honest for most small gigs where you would otherwise want a 6 box set, the double 15s do fine in lieu of 4 single 15s

I've worked with a few sets of LS215's in the past - good little double subs, they like to be driven. a couple of contacts I use keep those systems in their hire stock.

they are quite compact, good for wheeling in and out of functions etc. I prefer my turbosound subs but anything logic systems well outclasses JBL's JRX boxes.

what you really want to know when you buy 2nd hand is what the drivers are. those cabs apparently don't play well with drivers they weren't designed for. designed originally for beyma driver I understand and they have also been loaded with PD drivers. which would also explain why you can see them rated slightly differently. also sold under the concert systems badge (I think), you can find them in grey carpet and dark blue carpet variants as well as paint finish. they still make the same gear as part of the 1290/1296 set and it's that 6 box set that you see bits of on ebay. the double 15s are sort of a mid sub, they run 18s below them but to be honest for most small gigs where you would otherwise want a 6 box set, the double 15s do fine in lieu of 4 single 15s

From what I have found out from the seller, the speakers fitted are celestion drivers. He doesn't know the part number but the specs are:

Sensitivity 97 dB

Weight per speaker 10 kg

Build-in depth 170 - 179 mm

Maximum frequency 1 - 4.9 kHz

Minimum frequency 35 - 39 Hz

Nominal impedance 8 ohms

Peak power in watts not applicable

RMS capacity in watts 500 - 749 W

Type of speaker subwoofer

Type of magnet ferrite

This looks to be something like a FTR15-4080F from their website, he said the drivers cost him over £700 when he bought them.

I think I would be a little cautious buying "pro" enclosures that do not have the original spec drivers fitted....

I have the same thoughts as he is only charging £450 for both, so a few bells are ringing as to why he is charging so little to the price of the drivers. But he may just want to get rid.

This looks to be something like a FTR15-4080F from their website, he said the drivers cost him over £700 when he bought them.

Randomly swapping drivers in a cabinet from the original is rarely a good idea.

if you aren't in a hurry you will find those coming up regularly, some have been tampered with and some haven't. hold out for ones that haven't

if you aren't in a hurry you will find those coming up regularly, some have been tampered with and some haven't. hold out for ones that haven't

I have seen 2 listings just pop up from the same seller for pairs of the B300I but he doesn't know if the drivers are original and he says the impedance of one cabinet is low (2 ohms so something is wrong there) but doesn't know which cab!

Plus they are up near Consett so a bit far for me. But they are a resonable price - £350 for the pair currently.

I'll hold out till a good one comes up :D

Archived