Ramco Annual Stage & Lighting Auction

Pete McCrea

Well there goes my morning :)

Yep- I made the mistake of opening it after I got home following a five hour get out last night...http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/tearshair.gif

Yeah quite a few lots!

Annoyingly, no Foxie followspots to complement the one we bought last year. We did actually bid on two, but then due to something going belly up with the auction, and bidspotter reopening/extending it for a for more hours, we only ended up winning one, along with missing out on a fair few others bits that we would have otherwise won. :(

(If anyone else has one from the auction last year they'd be interested in selling, please feel free to PM me!)

I've just spent far too long looking through everything. It seems to lean a bit more towards the broadcast side of things.

My favourite listing is this one, where they have clearly opened the case upside down but just took the photos anyway.

It's the Aussie export version.

I've just spent far too long looking through everything. It seems to lean a bit more towards the broadcast side of things.

Mostly lighting and rigging

A large part is from Elstree Light and Power, Arri fresnels, cable, rigging etc

Quite a lot of Chamsys, Jands and Avolite desks

Lots of followspots

Large quantities of lamps, mostly PARs, for anyone wanting to stock up before they become more illegal than crack cocaine!

Quite a selection of speakers desks and amps

Loads of stuff on my "it would be nice to have, might come in handy one day, but can't really justify it" list

They`re not old , they`re vintage collectables:<a href='https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/ramco/catalogue-id-ramco-10085/lot-4ffecc9f-eb7a-452b-8382-a89f00c65cff' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>https://www.bidspott...82-a89f00c65cff</a>
Opening bid £720? That must surely be a mistake...

I saw that too and think we were supplying new for this price or not much more.

I get the impression most of the prices are too high, a bit like the Peaker Pattison BBC auctions.

Remember its (hammer price + 20% VAT) + 10% commission

Plus VAT on the commission, i.e. hammer price + 32%, + transport if it's not at Cardington.Still, could be worse - IIRC the BBC auctions were hammer price + 44%

And despite all the extra costs, some people will still get over-excited and bid things up to retail price!

One of the other annoyance is the way that things are lotted. There's a bunch of EAW trap boxes, which would make quite a serious rig, but rather than sell it all together, each speaker is its own individual lot. So you could spend a few grand and end up with an odd number of boxes. Even putting them into pairs would make more sense.

Archived