Emergency FLX hire

howartp

Help!

Our FLX has died during 1st Dress Rehearsal tonight. (Eratic, uncommanded input - I'd say it's had liquid spilt on it, but it hasn't!)

Final Dress is Friday evening and we go live on Saturday.

Does anyone have, or know anyone who has, an FLX available for overnight/same day delivery to Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD22?

We haven't finished programming yet due to an exploded lamp in MAC700 yesterday morning - a spare arrived an hour ago from the hire company - so we need it before Friday!

Not doing too well with lighting problems this year!

Peter

By pure luck I've just found out the local Playhouse bought an FLX last month, after they borrowed ours for a month's trial!

I've therefore popped in and nicked theirs for a few days whilst they weren't looking.

Peter

Just as a thought - exploded lamp and upset desk - have you checked your power supply recently?

It could be coincidence, but...

Thanks, we'll get it looked at - we're on 3 phase and I think desk and FOH bar are on separate phases, but not certain.

Peter

Thanks, we'll get it looked at - we're on 3 phase and I think desk and FOH bar are on separate phases, but not certain.

Check the neutral carefully... http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

Thanks Jon, will do. It might be me or might be @robhurt

We rang Zero88 support and got your out-of-hours chap in the middle of his tea - he was adamant we'd plugged in something different on the rig which was causing it - but a) we hadn't and b) it was working for 45 minutes prior.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Archived