Brass Nut

I'm trying to find some spare nuts like the one in the picture. The thread I believe is M4 but didn't have anything with me at the time to accurately measure. It's a flange for connecting an actuator to a heating valve. I've tried the OEM, who are only interested in selling an entire new valve assembly which I don't need.

Anyone with a mechanical background have any idea if this is a common part, or there is a specific name for this sort of thing?

Nut_-_1.jpg

Nut_-_2.jpg

Have you got an old-fashioned plumbers merchant locally (where the staff are old enough to have been taught to make things, not just sell "retail packed" plastic bags)? Alternatively an old-style plumber, with a "that might come in useful" box of bits. The valve may well be a generic unit, so the nut probably is too.

Thanks all. Much as I suspected. I'm going to have to ask around to find someone to make me some. Unfortunately all the fabricators I've used locally in the past have either retired or gone out of business. Good suggestion on helicoils, unfortunately these parts have been lost (don't ask) rather than damaged.

Archived