Leesen varee carfully....

FunkySi

We've got a forthcoming production of "'Allo 'Allo" for which I've been tasked with finding a lifesize inflatable Adolf Hitler with a leak - which is required as one of the main props.

I think I'm capable of giving it a leak if I can find a lifesize inflatable Hitler without a leak, but am having problems even finding that. Has anyone done the show already and managed to find one, or got any suggestions of a supplier ?

I did actually think of a blow up doll, we could probably live with the suprised expression by using a Hitler mask or something like that, but apparently it's coat gets taken off during the performance to reveal some Nazi underpants, so it would become very obvious that the "Fallen Madonna" isn't the only thing with "big boobies" !!

Shameless is the only way! Just go in and ask for what you want. It is, of course, up to you if you tell them why you want a blow-up doll that looks like Hitler.

I work on a production of Girls Night Out (I'm sorry if it came to your venue) which was a dreadful experience for all sorts of 'non-payment' reasons but the shopping was always fine. I got on so well with the assistant in one shop (corner of Oxford St. and Tottenham Court Road) that she gave me her staff discount so that I could afford the higher quality studded pvc shorts.

Guest Cpt_P
Maybe an inflatable sex doll

A couple of years back, I teched a production of 'Allo 'Allo with the Crediton ODS and used an aforementioned doll (can't say due to school computer restrictions). There was a great reaction from the audience and it worked a treat even with the surprised face wich just added to the farce. One tip is to definitely try and get a dark haired doll and not blonde as ours was. Also, do not let Monsieur Rene Artois near the port in the green room unless you want British Airmen hiding in Knockwurst sausages and glasses of cognac.

I have directed AA twice and used 2 inflatable men (known as Bill & Ben) as 1 has to be carried in Michelle's suitcase (or sotcuss as Crabtree would say) and another come in semi-inflated. Bill & Ben came from www.exult.co.uk (Arran there is v helpful). I could loan them to you - but have used Bill in another show since (lucky chap). They already have little Hitler moustaches.

If you need any other help with the technical requirements please email me. Some of our major challenges were Flick's violin solo for Helga's strip, the Cinmea scene (great solution for that one!), keeping track of the Hitlers and Himmlers. I have still got things like our painting of the MWTBB and have loaned them to several other amdrams for AA.

btw My next production is Dad's Army!

Stay Happy

We've got a forthcoming production of "'Allo 'Allo" for which I've been tasked with finding a lifesize inflatable Adolf Hitler with a leak - which is required as one of the main props.

I did it a few years back with EK Rep.

I was only brought in from the tech onwards to fly the show, but as I recall they used blow-up dolls - as suggested elsewhere, the nature of the dolls added to the comedy.

It might be worth asking them through the website. Alternatively, it's on at Glasgow Pavilion right now (or has just been, or will soon be), so a quick google should get you an email address to send your enquiry to.

Archived