3pin to 6pin comms

Hi,

We are putting on a show at the Apex in Bury. The Apex has a dual channel wired comms system running on 6-pin XLR. We've got access to a wireless base station that we would like to introduce into the system and we have the ok to do so, however, our wireless base station is two channel but on 2x 3-pin XLR.

I have found adapter cables online (Clearcom YC36 I think) but it seems madness to pay ~£100 for what appears to be a fairly simple cable. I found a forum post where someone linked to a pinout for such a cable, but unfortunately, the link was dead. I don't suppose anyone has access to such a pinout so we can construct our own cable? (Or even better, can lend such a cable for the festive period)

Failing that, if the cable is in fact much more complicated than it looks, if anyone knows of someone who has one in stock, that'd be great too.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Kind regards,

Alex Davison

That looks like exactly what I'm after, thank you very much!

However, I'm slightly confused as to why there seems to be 3x 3pin on that diagram, whereas all the pictures I've seen show just 2x 3-pin. Do you know if I can just leave those pins open?

Would this be what you're after?

Is it tecpro or clearcom - you may have slightly confused the issue by mentioning a clearcom splitter.

For tecpro / granite / stonewood that diagram isn't right, the wiring is given here

http://www.tecpro.co...proOverview.PDF

1-gnd

2-24V

3-Audio 1

4-Audio 2

5-Audio 3

6-Audio 4

So if you want the 2 circuits on seperate XLRs, the first one would take pins 1-2-3 straight through and the other would be 1->1, 2->2 and 4->3

edit.... although that would be the same for clearcom. So in fact if you ignore the bottom XLR which is for show relay in, Ninja's diagram would work

And just a warning - there are two, physically incompatible types of 6 pin XLRs...

Never come across 2 different types, more info please.

Edit: OK found it

Which is the 'standard'? I've never had an issue... yet but haven't used any for a few years.

Archived