Helmets

Charlotte_R

As far as H&S law is concerned Simon has it about right and HSE state that even in cases where HSAWA does not apply to volunteers they still have the same protection under civil law duty of care and should be treated no differently to employees.

The law is not the point though and it is good to see that people take well-being of fellow workers as the guide not what must be done by law.

I used to use a Vertex but I wasn't in one all day, every day like Seano. If I were in one all day I would probably have got a more comfy one and as for vents I never saw the need on events sites.

Looking around yesterday, it was a combination of house provided, and individually owned head protection - the freelancers tending to come in with everything they need, including head protection, while the theatre casual list using venue headwear, and a few of the venue guys wearing ones they brought themselves. Doesn't seem to be anything anyone really monitors - apart from those without one - who universally get yelled at.

Archived