Need four matching thrones

Ynot

Not quite matching and may be too far - Narnia props - any good?

The look is exactly what we need, so an enquiry has been sent :)

'Matching' was perhaps too precise a word - complimentary is perhaps better.

Thanks

Kerry, the ones they have on your link are far too ornate for what we want, sadly. Thanks anyway.

Towards the bottom of this page are some photos of the thrones from our "The Narnia Experience" production;

http://www.barnabyaldrick.com/blog/narnia-experience/

They are a fabric covering - underneath they're just a wooden chair with an MDF back board screwed to them. I doubt if we still have the chairs, but we may have the fabric. Let me know if you're interested and I'll ask the question. If they're not ours any more then they'll be with another group over in liverpool.

Anything else that you need that you see in the photos - let me know. Not all of it is ours but I should know where most of it came from.

Do you need a slightly temperamental lion? Can be seen in the pictures. We're having a bit of a storage crisis with him. He'd need work structurally (skeleton is plasic pipe and bamboo - made by an artist not an engineer - his leg had a habit of falling off and he once lost his head mid-performance) but his body and especially his head look beautiful. I'm sure they'd consider an offer to solve the problem!

looking to borrow, hire or otherwise acquire four marching thrones for use in Lion Witch and Wardrobe next month.Does anyone have any suggestions?
We picked up a couple of old 'carver' style dining chairs from a boot fair (for 50p in 1972ish) and added a higher back then draped the lot with red and purple velvet curtains which had been lurking in the boxes of 'donations'.

Edit: Hadn't read as far as Cedd's reply.

Towards the bottom of this page are some photos of the thrones from our "The Narnia Experience" production;

http://www.barnabyal...nia-experience/

Modifying something like that will be a fall-back if we can't get off-the-peg in the right budget range, but never hurts to ask what might be around. :)
Do you need a slightly temperamental lion? Can be seen in the pictures. We're having a bit of a storage crisis with him. He'd need work structurally (skeleton is plasic pipe and bamboo - made by an artist not an engineer - his leg had a habit of falling off and he once lost his head mid-performance) but his body and especially his head look beautiful. I'm sure they'd consider an offer to solve the problem!

We've picked up an Aslan locally which looks pretty good, though again needs a little TLC (and a coating or two of Flamecheck) so we're OK there.

Cheers

]We've picked up an Aslan locally which looks pretty good, though again needs a little TLC (and a coating or two of Flamecheck) so we're OK there.

Cheers

I had the role of health and safety officer for our production, as well as production manager. When I went to visit the workshop where the guy was building Aslan (early on in the build thankfully) I spotted that he was carving it from expanding foam. I took a sample and put a light to it in front of him. The ensuing inferno with dripping molten drops of evil made him jump back in horror. Needless to say he started again with the pink flame retardant stuff (that's about 5 x the price).

Not quite matching and may be too far - Narnia props - any good?

The look is exactly what we need, so an enquiry has been sent :)

'Matching' was perhaps too precise a word - complimentary is perhaps better.

Well, quote back from Keeley Hire on those and at £480 plus VAT for the chairs, it's WAY too rich for our budget!

Back to the drawing board then, and modification of standard chairs. :(

Archived