Rowing boat

ihw

I may have something for you if you can pick up/return from/to the midlands.

A small boat on casters which can I believe seat 2 at each end (would need to confirm), and it has 2 oars.

Movement is via feet-propulsion a-la flintstones :)

Thanks for the replies. It needs to be pushed around - so something I can put on castors. And not too big - 5 or 6ft. And accommodate 2 people.

If the Miller Centre has something that would be brilliant! I think midlands might be a bit far for this project.

Thank you

Ian

I'll ask this evening when I'm at a rehearsal. I'm sure in the past we had one which was used in Wind in the Willows. It had wheels at the back and a rubber foot at the front, which was placed on the revolve so that the revolve pulled the boat in an arc across the stage. I don't know if we still have it or whether it was built specially.

Unfortunately it was broken up after the show it was used in (which, to be fair, was some years ago - over 15).

Doubly unfortunate because the youth players are doing wind in the willows next summer and it would be a bit useful.

Just have to build another one, I guess :-)

Archived