The Stage

Well I find the paper copy alot easier to flick through than the website, I don't know if others think the same!

(Plus I forgot totally about the website when I posted the message!)

Stu

The on line version gets the jobs a day later......their way of trying to keep us purchasing the paper I guess!! Yep I agree, the newspaper is deff easier to flick through than the on line paper - and if you are really eager- if you subscribe for a year or more it works out considerably cheaper than buying it every week!! :P

Also well worth looking in the Guardian Jobs and Money section on a Saturday, or the Media section on a Monday - they do have quite a few technical theatre type jobs.

The on line version gets the jobs a day later......their way of trying to keep us purchasing the paper I guess!!  Yep I agree, the newspaper is deff easier to flick through than the on line paper - and if you are really eager- if you subscribe for a year or more it works out considerably cheaper than buying it every week!!  :P

Also well worth looking in the Guardian Jobs and Money section on a Saturday, or the Media section on a Monday - they do have quite a few technical theatre type jobs.

Cheers for that guys and gals!

I once subscribed to The Stage, it's extraordinary how much money one company can charge for time sensitive deliveries, I know it's not easy (and not The Stage's fault), but it was rather more expensive than getting my lazy butt down to WHSmiths once a week!

Seeing as my nearest WH Smiths is a £2.25 train journey away, I think I'll stick with my subscription

Whats that then? About 12 miles?

Stu

Yep - Peter could pick it up from the newsagents I expect, but think the point is that if you have a subscription you don't pay the full face value of the paper (£1.20 if I remember correctly) you get it at a discounted rate and it lands on your doorstep first thing on a Thursday morning without having to put any effort in to it what so ever.......far easier and cheaper than from the newsagents!!! :P

Archived