robo scan pro 518

Lampie78

I have a pair of pro 518 that both seem to have devoloped the same problem basicly they fire up but the lamp will not strike the will not respond to DMX in any way

so I am wondering if anyone out there has a main board or can reprogram the chips as I think some how the chips my have been zapped

thanks in advance

andi

They have quite a habit of not detecting the colour or gobo wheel positions on reset and will just sit there spinning whichever wheel and never completing the reset. Can be a bit awkward to sort out, vaguely remember there's a description on BR somewhere of fixing basically the same fault on a MAC500 which may help.

the wheels spin and the mirror moves to one side then goes back to the middle basicly I think I need to find a replacement board that is known to work and try it out to see what happens

does any one know where I would be able to get one???

My last spare 518 PCB went to Jamie Shurlock (www.jamiesmagictorch.co.uk) who may still have it but I've got a pile of working 518s sitting around near Winchester if that helps?

what sort of money are you looking for 2 working ones?

PM sent about price.

Or you can bring yours down for me to have a look for the fee of a packet of doughnuts. Literally.

I think I might have to take you up on that one

I have sorted the spinning wheels they start up as they should but the lamp will not strike they do nothing in stand alone mode nor respond to DMX

Archived